Instead of the M&G....

jporter12

I had every intention of making the M&G, and on the bike instead of caging it this time. It didn't quite work out that way.

It all started yesterday, wife's cage was at work, we needed it, so I left the bike there. On the way there, the speedometer didn't work. So, today, I was thinking about going to the M&G, went to get the Hon-duh. I pulled it into the shop to check out the speedo, and the drive for the speedo cable is busted, probably from where I had the wheel off the other day to balance it, I must've f'ed it up (got one coming through Ebay.) At this point, I could've just come up there on the Ninja, but I was disappointed and really needed a ride, so I just headed out on the Ninja, no destination in mind!

I rode into Newark, and on the way decided to hit 79 to 541 back to 62 back to home. On the way across to 79, I remembered talk about Cheech's spot being marked. I wondered how it was marked, until I got there! I about lost it there (not really, but it makes the story better) laughing when I saw it!

I had a nice ride behind a cage (kept me in check) until just before 586. The pace was ok for my lack of experience. As I was approaching 586, this nice yellow Squidwing pulled out. Ugh! This guy was slow (even by my standards) and couldn't hold a line! TO top it off, everytime the road would open up, he would speed up just enough to make it where I didn't think the little 250 would be able to make it around him! He kept going straight at 541, which was good and all, but that part of 541 was boring (except for the curves in New Guilford, that left when headed west was a bit intimidating) and the rest of the ride was mellow, but the whole experience was therapudic! Not exciting, but what I needed.

Glad you got some therapy in today!! And i even got to take a real ride and not a down the street kind of ride talk about a confidence booster Yaay me!!

Yes! I hope you also learned not to worry about starting out on thaqt hill that you had to deal with!

You could have gone the other way, down to Loudon St., but there's a hill down there to start out on, too!

almost to coshocton!

I was def. in your county! I need to just ride down there, and be done with it! I was down there once, taking 16 down, before I knew better ways to get there, and got to ride a couple of your roads. Not the more serious ones, but I was going to help my dad from being stranded on the side of the road.

Maybe if someone gets together another beginner/novice ride, I could make it. They've been on bad days for me. :(