Removing factory graphics

750GSXRinBlue

I can't believe goo gone didn't work? I've used that on so many graphics and emblems. Did you try a heat gun/hair dryer to activate the remaining resin and "ball it up" with your fingers and remove as much as you can that way. Whatever is left should come off with goo gone or wd40, you can even use a small amt of methyl ethyl ketone from a paint supplier (but wash part after using and apply a layer of wax when finished)

Whatever is left should come off with goo gone or wd40, you can even use a small amt of methyl ethyl ketone from a paint supplier (but wash part after using and apply a layer of wax when finished)

MEK is not your friend. Its purpose is to melt plastic together. Be very careful with a heat gun also as it will melt plastic easily if held in one place too long.

• 2 weeks later...

This is the right way to get the stripe off!

Use a smart eraser pad. Hook it to your electric drill and it erases the sticky shit and wont ruin your paint. I use it all the time and works great!!!

http://www.toolsusa.com/asp/item_detail.asp?T1=PBE%209MS%20AP4OOE&trackcode=GoogleBase

P0036096x.gif

21160HYD0ZL._SL250_.jpg