$$ for '89' ninja 250?

eastwest06

So I've got someone trying to sell me their 1989 ninja 250 with 4700 miles on it (yes it's actually that low). it needs some minor work like replacing the spark plugs and cleaning the carbs, but other than that is in really good condition. How much do you think this bike is worth?

So I've got someone trying to sell me their 1989 ninja 250 with 4700 miles on it (yes it's actually that low). it needs some minor work like replacing the spark plugs and cleaning the carbs, but other than that is in really good condition. How much do you think this bike is worth?

Buy my 250

I bought my '04 for $950, but the front fairings were gone. Mine had less than 2400 miles on it.

In good condition, they bring up around $2000, and age doesn't seem to bring that down by a big amount. I'd lowball it at around $1000, based on age, and not being 100%.

Funny thing that I noticed is that the Ninja 250's that I've been seeing on Craigslist lately are listed over $2000, when this spring they were on there in the $1000-1500 range! I would think that they would go for more in the spring when demand is up!