Motorcyclist hit and killed

wnaplay

He did not have a stop sign.

She did.

She is at fault.

I never said he was at fault. What im saying is everyone need to be more vigilant when youre on two wheels because even if youre NOT at fault, accidents come out of no where. Nothing against the guy AT ALL, just stating something.

I never said he was at fault. What im saying is everyone need to be more vigilant when youre on two wheels because even if youre NOT at fault, accidents come out of no where. Nothing against the guy AT ALL, just stating something.

Nothing against the guy either. The motor vehicle code clearly states when at a stop sign you wait till the road is clear before proceeding.

Clearly, she did not do this.

So, QED, legally, technically, she is at fault.

Just sayin'

Nothing against the guy either. The motor vehicle code clearly states when at a stop sign you wait till the road is clear before proceeding.

Clearly, she did not do this.

So, QED, legally, technically, she is at fault.

Just sayin'

So, if the rider was traveling at a high rate of speed (to the point where said rider was not visible when she entered the intersection) it was the cage's fault?

If it was dark, and the rider was traveling without a headlight and couldn't be seen by the driver, it was the driver's fault?

Certainly I'm not disparaging the rider but there are at least TWO instances where the driver of the car would not be at fault, and your statement has no basis in fact - legally, technically, or otherwise.

Todd' date=' I've been down this road with OR.net peeps before. They don't care about that.. just that the lady should have waited at least 45 minutes before crossing traffic.

RIP to the rider. This is truly tragic, but without any evidence I cannot pass blame to either party just yet. Too many variables to consider.. speed, visibility, sobriety, etc. Does anybody know the posted speed limit on that road?

Right and wrong aside.. as riders we need to be ever vigilant to our surroundings. Not slowing in an intersection because you have the right of way is about as retarded as taking ski lessons from Sonny Bono. Some things require a bit of common sense. I'm not saying this particular rider didn't pay attention.. I'm making a generalization.[/quote']

QFT.

Well said - especially the part about skiing lessons from Sonny Bono :lol:

Regardless of whatever velocity I might maintain on a country road. I slow for intersections, and other notable hazards to my health and for the safety of others. Particularly BLIND intersections where I can't see what's coming toward me. If that means under the speed limit, so be it.

RIP rider

So, if the rider was traveling at a high rate of speed (to the point where said rider was not visible when she entered the intersection) it was the cage's fault?

If it was dark, and the rider was traveling without a headlight and couldn't be seen by the driver, it was the driver's fault?

Certainly I'm not disparaging the rider but there are at least TWO instances where the driver of the car would not be at fault, and your statement has no basis in fact - legally, technically, or otherwise.

And there are a lot more cases a rider would be at fault. Thank you!

Right and wrong aside.. as riders we need to be ever vigilant to our surroundings. Not slowing in an intersection because you have the right of way is about as retarded as taking ski lessons from Sonny Bono. Some things require a bit of common sense. I'm not saying this particular rider didn't pay attention.. I'm making a generalization.

This is what i was getting at. Im not sure my point, our point, will ever get across. Oh well...

I strongly believe that there should never be a two way stop at the intersection of two similar roads. This is a huge problem. The people who have to stop think that it's a four way. And, it's not enough to have a little sign underneath saying 2-way.

RIP.. Yep, you are right abotu 2 way stops. There are alot less now than there has been in the past, but they still scare the crap out of me.