Spyshots & article on '10 VFR 1200 in Oct. "Motorcyclist"

Fonzie

Pulled mine outta the mailbox today dancingnaughty.gif

".... The next-gen Interceptor will be a large capacity hypersport-tourer reminiscent of the discontinued CBR 1100xx Blackbird. The new bike looks to combine long range touring practicality with sportbike agility and near 200 mph performance, rivaling the likes of BMW's K1300s, Kawasaki's ZX14 & Suzuki's GSX1300R Hayabusa"

"A maintenance free shaft drive replaces the chain, answering one of the Blackbird's main criticisms."

"Wheelbase looks to be around 57.5-- an inch shorter than the Blackbird...."

Looks like I may not have to buy a Kwak next, after all :p

Still rather have a k1200s or k1300s. It might compete with the zx and busa in the engine department but I don't find those two to be in the BMW's league for range and comfort. I think the Honda is aimed at the BMW buyers, which will be tough but smarter than just trying to win the hp race.

Boy, Honda went all out and essentially just took a BMW and replaced the badges... Wow...

For a company that should be so independant of what others do, they sure fell short on the design of the bike. Don't get me wrong, still kinda cool, but BMW has got to be happy to think that they MUST be doing something right as to have Honda copy an overall look...

I'd be interested except for the automatic, dual clutch, tranny. Maybe they'll offer a version with a normal 6 speed.

Based on the article..... It sounds like the 6 speed is gonna be standard

They say you can see a clutch lever in the spyshots

"A clearly visible clutch lever & conventional gearshift disclose that the new V4 will be offered with a standard, six speed gearbox. Last year, Honda publicly revealed it's proprietary, twin clutch gearbox that provided semi automatic shifting (via bar mounted controls) and a fully automatic clutch to let you pull away from a standstill using throttle alone. Omission from these pictures doesn't mean that the semi auto system won't appear on the new V4. Honda could offer it as an extra cost option or, more likely, on a forthcoming touring model"

There's a sidebar article next to this titled "Tour de Force..... Look forard to an ST1300 replacement too"