BlueGrass Oct 10-11th

SJC1000rr

MOTORSPORTS CLUB that is.

I just signed up for both days since brian got that itch going on me. Anyone else going other then the leezard? I will have a spot on my trailer open if anyone else decides they want to give it a try. And I will be looking into a hotel to stay for the night also.

http://www.sportbiketracktime.com/cart/shopdisplayproducts.asp?id=57&cat=N%29+OCTOBER+2009+TRACK+DATES

Edited by SJC1000rr

Any suggestions on places to stay down there Brian? I have been searching through several sites and theres not exactly any cheap places or close ones. Looking at $69+/night or a 30min drive so far. :(

Florence, Y'All! Seriously, though, Florence is the place to stay at. Maybe 15-20 minutes at best from the track. You might want to do a buddy deal where you grab a buddy that wants to ride - post a ride share thread and ask if anyone wants to split gas and hotel. Two guys splitting costs is going to be a great deal.

The way I broke it down, this year's prices are at about $15 more than if you buddy shared to Mid-Ohio from CBus. Total with hotel, fuel and track day costs, etc. So, for $15 more, it isn't a bank beater.

MOTORSPORTS CLUB that is.

I just signed up for both days since brian got that itch going on me. Anyone else going other then the leezard? I will have a spot on my trailer open if anyone else decides they want to give it a try. And I will be looking into a hotel to stay for the night also.

http://www.sportbiketracktime.com/cart/shopdisplayproducts.asp?id=57&cat=N%29+OCTOBER+2009+TRACK+DATES

I just went down to the track and it didn't look close to ready... Am I way off on my observation, or are they going to be ready by then?

i might sign up for this if i am peer pressured enough by a couple people who will be instructing that weekend. and assuming it's not sold out. and assuming the track is open. and assuming my pussy doesn't hurt too much.

Is there any way in Hell that this event will actually take place?

I mean, I hope the place opens and does well, but is it any closer to opening than it was a month ago?

Edited by Earache

Is there any way in Hell that this event will actually take place?

I mean, I hope the place opens and does well, but is it any closer to opening than it was a month ago?

I was originally signed up for this even in April. I refuse to sign up for a blue grass event until I hear that a track day has actually run there. It seems all summer long this has been the story. Sign up and then a few weeks before, nope won't be ready.

I'd like to apologize for having to be the one to break the bad news... But I was the one who said "we'll ride for sure in Oct!!" I was wrong. I underestimated "that Murphy dude".

The track is not going to be prepared to ride for the Oct 10/11 or the October WOW events.

FOR ANYONE REGISTERED FOR OCT 10/11 OR THE WOW STT WILL ISSUE REFUND CHECKS TO EVERYONE REGISTERED FOR THESE EVENTS.

WE WILL PROCESS AND MAIL ALL RUFUNDS BY OCT 5th. PLEASE ALLOW UNTIL OCT 15TH FOR YOUR REFUND CHECK TO ARRIVE.

Below is a letter from Brad Popple. President and CEO of Bluegrass which we were asked to post.

STT Participants and Bluergass watchers,

I sincerely owe the STT riding community an apology for any inconvenience caused from the delay in opening and resultant cancelled events at Bluegrass Motorsports Park this season. Your travel plans, deposits, and other factors have caused most, if not all of you to be inconvenienced to some degree. We now have all made sacrifices together to help build Bluegrass and I thank you for this. It’s a collective effort and many of you have taken this a step further and helped us build the tire bundles. Whatever capacity, it’s this kind of support that makes substantial progress in the construction of our safety barriers. In addition, the social nature of the tire building sessions create a teamwork environment and further boosts morale when the rumors try to break it down.

It’s also important you all know that Monte and Bonnie have conveyed to the STT participants and public exactly what has been conveyed to Bluegrass by counsel, banks, the KY Div of Water, US Corps of engineers, owners group, etc. I think I have seen every possible barrier to track construction and while it’s been slow on the construction side, everything continues to now move forward. We suffered a couple of painful delays, but had to do some necessary housekeeping at the last-minute insistence of our largest lender. While unplanned, this is not uncommon for a capital intensive start-up. Don’t forget, this is no longer a paper track! As an entrepreneur I must see the positives of a situation. But I must also be a realist. This is a massive level of confidence that needs to be conveyed to you. This means everything is focused on moving Bluegrass forward.

At this time we will be making the track available for two private events at the end of the October and for members and guests to take touring laps. This gives us 5+ weeks to have the track ready for a two-wheel event. We can and will make it and I’ll let Monte and the Sportbike Track Time folks tell you about the event. With this said, there are some variables outside of our control. For example, it’s rained the past four days in a row. Let’s look at this as an opportunity and a test run to better prepare for 2010. Patience is essential as it allows us to get this track ready for you. I have consistently heard from those who come up, how awesome this track is, and that right there says we have something awesome to look forward to.

As crazy as it may sound, the delay has created a better track. What? We really do have a better track as a result of this delay. Letting the base coat sit and cure has allowed us time to find any problem spots. This means before we pave the “liquid gold” (polymer surface) we will have a few small areas of the base coat fixed to avoid any problems down the road. These are good things! Sure, it hurts now but I bet when we’re hitting 170mph on the 3200’ front straight, undulating through peaks and valleys of 150’ of elevation change, around a compound banked turn and then onto my signature turn called “The Holler”, I assure you the start-up pains will be forgotten.

We have everything we need and we even received an additional loan from the SBA, so resolving this and cleaning up our operating agreement is what delayed this project since we received our updated permit. Some of this is rather private as you might imagine. The $15M question is “when will you be open?”. If we knew this, you will be one of the first to know. Imagine if I kept giving an update saying “7-10 days”. Then came back a week later and said two more weeks!”. Then I came back again and said... You get the picture. Monte and STT was given info based on our best estimates and passed it along to the public and missed th emark a couple of times through no fault of their own. We have been communicating with the renters and members of our facility rather than posting in a public forum. We'll pass along info on construction progess promptly to STT.

This short delay right now will be worth it. We’re going to make Bluegrass a unique track that caters to riders like you. You will want to stay, camp, fish and enjoy the atmosphere with your friends after a nice day of awesome riding. I’m asking for your patience and understanding as we finalize one last item and make sure the Bank and our construction company and maintain the commitments that have all been executed. It really is this simple.

Thanks for listening and thank you for thinking “Bluegrass”.

Sincerely,

Brad Poppell, President/CEO

Bonnie, myself and the STT staff are still super excited about Bluegrass but it looks like we might get to ride it this year.... if not it'll be an awesome start to 2010.

I don't see that place being done in 2010 either. if it didn't happen this summer, there's has to be more to the story than they are telling.

not enough investors? investors pulled out? owe someone a lot of money they don't have???

even if they get the track done, where are we supposed to use the bathroom etc? they don't have any buildings up or anything still

Edited by serpentracer

Ugh... Only had time and money for an end of season track day. Even won a track day here on this site, but declined since the bike wasn't ready yet. Knowing that this would be the one to go to. Colossal oops.

Ugh... Only had time and money for an end of season track day. Even won a track day here on this site, but declined since the bike wasn't ready yet. Knowing that this would be the one to go to. Colossal oops.

Nashville or Gingerman this weekend for $110 a day!

I don't see that place being done in 2010 either. if it didn't happen this summer, there's has to be more to the story than they are telling.

not enough investors? investors pulled out? owe someone a lot of money they don't have???

even if they get the track done, where are we supposed to use the bathroom etc? they don't have any buildings up or anything still

In light of falling realestate values the rimary lendor asked for an increase of the shareholders collateralization of the loan until the permanent (post construction) closing. This required the shareholders to put up additional assets to secure the loan. This takes time. It has been finalized, I was privy to the signed documents.

Commercial lending can be very complex and time consuming. It's not like getting an FHA loan on a 3BR/2BA ranch where the is a subdivision full of comps.

In light of falling realestate values the rimary lendor asked for an increase of the shareholders collateralization of the loan until the permanent (post construction) closing. This required the shareholders to put up additional assets to secure the loan. This takes time. It has been finalized, I was privy to the signed documents.

Commercial lending can be very complex and time consuming. It's not like getting an FHA loan on a 3BR/2BA ranch where the is a subdivision full of comps.

not that i know a whole bunch about this stuff... if an SBA loan was applicable to this project, the down payment for the SBA side of the loan (usually like... 60% or so?) is pretty low. the bank will ask for 20% as per usual for their share of the loan. on the other hand, the SBA loan will be very low interest, but that doesnt bear quite as much on the closing and successful payout of the loan to the general contractor for progress payments.

i didn't realize they could essentially ask for more guarantor coverage if it's a long project and the assessed value of the land or project itself goes down. that's something i'll have to take note of for my own little ventures.

i knew this whole track thing was going to teach me more than just humility.