Solo Run Today

r1crusher

Well, given my work schedule, wife, and lack of friends who call when heading up/out on group rides :confused: I decided to simply start rolling solo. Today I got up after sleeping a late and decided to take a ride down Rt 60. Wanting to get to the good stuff directly I just went straight down 58 to 89, then across 95. But to my surprise 95 was closed. So I just took it over to 60 no biggie. So I fueled up at the little gas station on the corner when 60 turns right south of Nashville. Little did I know but it looks like 754 N. might have some new pavement. So I filled up and start to pull out and 3 guys coming south on 754 stopped and headed south on 60. So I think cool I might be able to keep up and have someone to follow. Guys were riding an R6, Buell, and older CBR (F4 I'm thinking). So they were rolling out but I always kept them in sight since I'm just doing my thing anyway. Followed them at a modest pace until just before 36 where they pulled off in a school parking lot. I already had plans to go all the way to Zanesville so I just rolled on by. I finished up my run and stopped for some grub and to check for calls.

I was going to head toward Cbus so I gave Shitty a text. He was at work and said it was raining there. I was a bit concerned earlier as I saw it was getting pretty overcast out and I never bothered to check the weather before I left the house. Well, just about the time I finished up talking to him and walked outside it started raining....fack! So I had to make the call, either head into the rain and try to get through it by heading west on 70 then north on 71 via the slab or take the chance and get wet on a twisty road and have it take longer to get home for having to ride slower due to conditions. I rolled the dice and headed west. It didn't take long on 70 before I was soaked on about 60% of me. Rode in the rain on the slab to 270, then north to 71. It rained just about the entire time up until I got close to Ashland where I had to stop for fuel. I figured I could gas up and then take the return route to which I used to come down. Sunshine and warm air....boy did I like to see those two things after well over an hours worth of rain.

So I made it home, had a good ride down and a horrible ride home (safely). I guess it was a good day.

Would be interested to know if any of the three guys were on the forum here. I though for a second that guy on the Buell was IP and Bam's buddy but he was way too small! LOL!

Oh well...time to go hit the Xbox for a couple hours before bed.

Edited by r1crusher

You could've told me you were going riding... You just told me you were upset no one ELSE was riding. :nono:

I probably couldn't have made it anyway though this weekend. :p

There's a coshocton ride next weekend though Kev... JUST SO YOU KNOW. :)

That's all well and good but I'm with the wife every other weekend. So if I wasn't with her this weekend what do you think next weekend is going to look like for me???? :confused:

Duh.

That's all well and good but I'm with the wife every other weekend. So if I wasn't with her this weekend what do you think next weekend is going to look like for me???? :confused:

Duh.

Yeah..... It sux being the one with non primary custody! You only get her for 4 days a month, but still have to pay support :D

Glad you had fun & made it back in one piece Kev ;)

Sounds like a pretty good ride.

Welcome to the club of solo riding bro.. Youngstown seem to be a black hole for collaborative riding.. (ok or maybe its the fact that I've lived here for 6+ years and don't know really know anyone. Or the fact that you have to go an hour out to find any good riding) I have a weird schedule and tour more lately anyways (300+ milers when possible).. But I do still like to kill a few hours in BFE when I can. So in that respect it's more my fault to not being more active when there are meet and greets organized.. I just never find any organized locally. There always an hour or so away.. Throw in the hour work commute to and from home.. It's hard to ride on the fly.

In other words, I can relate and I'm being a whiney bastard who just post whored your thread. :D

Both the R6 and CBR were red and the Buell was black.

ah, i was wondering if that was some guys i've ridden with but i dont think it is.

why don't you come to the track? that's pretty much all i've been doing all year. honestly, it kicks the shit out of street riding in every way imaginable.

did you get my PM about the furnace? or did i forget to send it?

Sounds like a pretty good ride.

Welcome to the club of solo riding bro.. Youngstown seem to be a black hole for collaborative riding.. (ok or maybe its the fact that I've lived here for 6+ years and don't know really know anyone. Or the fact that you have to go an hour out to find any good riding) I have a weird schedule and tour more lately anyways (300+ milers when possible).. But I do still like to kill a few hours in BFE when I can. So in that respect it's more my fault to not being more active when there are meet and greets organized.. I just never find any organized locally. There always an hour or so away.. Throw in the hour work commute to and from home.. It's hard to ride on the fly.

In other words, I can relate and I'm being a whiney bastard who just post whored your thread. :D

Good see ya brotha here again......long time since we met last year....how u have been ?

Getting by.. Was a little hectic this year.. Had the bike laid up for about a month in June getting ready for our annual Deals Gap trip.. Other than that just same old grind.. Didn't make it to many bike nights this year.. Hit Sharon bike night a few times but never made it to Valley View.. Being an hour or more away from everything takes its toll on my tires.

Don't be fooled.. I'm typically not a post whore.. I tend to lurk, read, and learn.. But I've tried to make an effort to pop up more often..