Audio/video advice

alab32

I have a Harmon Kardon Receiver which I love. I think I paid around 400 for the receiver and the speakers which I can't remember the brand I think I paid about 200. The system sounds great. The speakers could probably use an upgrade but they work great for as much as I use them. The receiver has plenty of inputs, including 2 optical, and 2 Coaxial digital. The only thing mine doesn't have is component imputs./outputs. But I'm not a big fan of running the video through the receiver. Good luck....BTW if you find anything at HHgregg, I get a discount there through the company I work for. If you are paying cash I can meet you there and get my discount for ya. I think it's about 10%. I don't remember because I don't shop there that often. Also don't forget Circuit City is still available online and has some pretty good deals occasionally.

I'm not a fan of running signals through more devices than needed. I just buy a smart remote, like Logitech's Harmony series (I have the 880 and the 550)and let the remote switch everything for me.

Good luck with your purchase. There's a lot of good advice in this thread.

You should take Zach's advice and check out that system he linked for you. If I were in your shoes, I'd be all over it. Hell, I'd be all over it now, except I spent all my money on trannies and anal beads.