Nelson Ledges 10/10 for $80

redkow97

Southeast of Cleveland. Garrettsville, OH. sounds lke you're thinking of BeaveRun.

Nelson is a fantastic layout, with a well-worn riding surface. It's not nearly as bad as it looks. There are PLENTY of people who go ridiculously fast on the 'crappy' surface.

I have never been before, but am very interested on going on the 11th. what time does it start/end and I am not very sure of the requirements I can rent a suit for $30 and a $75 deposit right? But what am i supposed to do to the bike?

-Roman

You'll have to read their rule book for specifics, and email Todd (into on their site) if you have questions. in my limited dealings with fasttrax, he's always been a really nice guy.

Last time i rode with them, the only requirements for trackdays were taping lights and mirrors, and they didn't want you running coolant. Water, or water and water wetter were okay.

the other riders would appreciate a wired oil plug and filter, but i don't believe it's required. I just checked mine before and after every session to be sure they were still snug on my old bike.

no gravel that i noticed... but i was only there one day. a bit bumpy in parts (it gets worse the faster you go apparently).

otherwise, a fun track, full of sweeping corners, and lots of high speed corners. the best part? only takes me an hour to get there, as opposed to like... grattan.

no gravel that i noticed... but i was only there one day. a bit bumpy in parts (it gets worse the faster you go apparently).

definitely no gravel or potholes (i'm told there were in the 90's) - but the track looks like a quilt. Many different paving materials from section to section, and some of it's cracking, but you can absolutely find a safe and fast race line.

there are a couple of places where run-off area isn't the best, but every track has its issues. there's no "good" place to crash, only bad places, and worse places.

If you soften up the suspension a bit, I actually find that the track smooths out as you speed up; especially through the kink on the back straight.

my bike was all over the place through the 'dip' in the kink - then i grew some balls and learned to hold the throttle open. The bike is much happier, and more settled when you're on the gas (versus rolling off, and putting MORE weight onto the front wheel, and actually ASKING the rear to get light, when it's already dealing with the rebound from the dip)

On their website it says this weekend was done in appreciation for their members. So asking the dumb question is that solely for ones that have attended one of their trackdays before? Or can first timers get in on this assuming it isn't full already?

On their website it says this weekend was done in appreciation for their members. So asking the dumb question is that solely for ones that have attended one of their trackdays before? Or can first timers get in on this assuming it isn't full already?

I signed up today and had no problems, it will b my first time there

Does the kink still have a rather large dip/hole? I was at Nelson's last spring just wondering if it was fixed.

i would be SHOCKED if it's not still there, but I don't let it bother me.

Seriously, just stay WOT (or at least neutral throttle) over the dip, and you'll be fine. have faith, and you shall be rewarded :D. whatever you do, don't roll off or brake.

I assume camping is allowed Friday night, and I will likely roll up before dark if possible. Green ford ranger, orange/brown CBR 600, and likely my little grey/green tent.

- Chris

p.s. PM me if anyone wants to pit together. I have an EZ-up and a i'll bring a few chairs. hopefully sun/heat is a problem we'll have :)

Seriously, just stay WOT (or at least neutral throttle) over the dip, and you'll be fine. have faith, and you shall be rewarded :D. whatever you do, don't roll off or brake.

I assume camping is allowed Friday night, and I will likely roll up before dark if possible. Green ford ranger, orange/brown CBR 600, and likely my little grey/green tent.

- Chris

p.s. PM me if anyone wants to pit together. I have an EZ-up and a i'll bring a few chairs. hopefully sun/heat is a problem we'll have :)

i plan on going up friday night as well..ill have to look into it if camping is aloud

- Chris

Ill pit with ya, my buddy might be coming too...ill have a generator too for tire warmers

unfortunately i don't have warmers (or tires nice enough to warrant them). Next year.

i'll PM you when i know for sure when i'm heading down. hoping friday evening, but until i hear back about camping, saturday morning is a possibility.

what group is everyone riding? I signed up for intermediate. never run a timer at Nelson, but i'm hoping ~1:18's maybe? I know fast guys shoot for 1:10's.

- chris (bike #80)

unfortunately i don't have warmers (or tires nice enough to warrant them). Next year.

i'll PM you when i know for sure when i'm heading down. hoping friday evening, but until i hear back about camping, saturday morning is a possibility.

what group is everyone riding? I signed up for intermediate. never run a timer at Nelson, but i'm hoping ~1:18's maybe? I know fast guys shoot for 1:10's.

- chris (bike #80)

Sounds good, i signed up for intermediate as well, im almost 100% sure im going up friday night so i dnt have to wake up super early sat morning to drive 3 hrs away

FYI - Todd from Fasttrax says "the gate is USUALLY open until 9 PM," but if you call them and let them know you're showing up later, they'll leave the gate open.

I am trying to get there before dark if possible, and enjoy some cold beverages with the locals.

FYI - Todd from Fasttrax says "the gate is USUALLY open until 9 PM," but if you call them and let them know you're showing up later, they'll leave the gate open.

I am trying to get there before dark if possible, and enjoy some cold beverages with the locals.

We are getting a hotel