Welcome to Akron...

CleaveTheGreat

Angry mom crashes into police car, daughter who slept with her boyfriend

By Beacon Journal staff

POSTED: 12:30 p.m. EDT, Oct 01, 2009

An Akron mother, apparently angry that her boyfriend also had slept with her teenage daughter, tried to run over the girl and two of her friends, police said.

The mother, 34, was arrested last week on charges of felonious assault, assault on a police officer and resisting arrest. She is free on bond after her arraignment in Akron Municipal Court.

The daughter, 17, told police that she had moved out of the family's Mercer Avenue home following a fight with her mother.

On Sept. 25, the teen was with two friends near the CVS drugstore parking lot at Copley Road when the mother drove up, police said. The mother and a friend reportedly exited the car and started fighting with the girl.

At some point, the mother and her friend got back inside her car and ''started squealing tires, then purposely ran into her [daughter] and two friends,'' police said in their report.

The daughter told police that ''this all started over a male that they both were sleeping with.''

The girl and her friends were treated for minor injuries, police said.

Akron police arrived after the mother had fled, but while they were questioning the victims, she returned to the scene in her car.

Officers tried to flag down the car, but the mother wouldn't stop, police said. With one patrolman clinging to a driver's side running board, police said the mother tried to speed away and struck another officer's cruiser.

The mother had to be forced out of the car, then was arrested.

The Beacon Journal is not naming the mother at this time to protect the identity of the minor girl.

An Akron mother, apparently angry that her boyfriend also had slept with her teenage daughter, tried to run over the girl and two of her friends, police said.

The mother, 34, was arrested last week on charges of felonious assault, assault on a police officer and resisting arrest. She is free on bond after her arraignment in Akron Municipal Court.

The daughter, 17, told police that she had moved out of the family's Mercer Avenue home following a fight with her mother.

On Sept. 25, the teen was with two friends near the CVS drugstore parking lot at Copley Road when the mother drove up, police said. The mother and a friend reportedly exited the car and started fighting with the girl.

At some point, the mother and her friend got back inside her car and ''started squealing tires, then purposely ran into her [daughter] and two friends,'' police said in their report.

The daughter told police that ''this all started over a male that they both were sleeping with.''

The girl and her friends were treated for minor injuries, police said.

Akron police arrived after the mother had fled, but while they were questioning the victims, she returned to the scene in her car.

Officers tried to flag down the car, but the mother wouldn't stop, police said. With one patrolman clinging to a driver's side running board, police said the mother tried to speed away and struck another officer's cruiser.

The mother had to be forced out of the car, then was arrested.

The Beacon Journal is not naming the mother at this time to protect the identity of the minor girl.

Discuss.

Akron has bad areas the same as Cleveland... I've never been to any "bad areas" in Cleveland though so I don't have much to compare.

I lived in downtown Ak-ron for 2 years... I wouldn't move back :)

I actually live right outside the city limits in the Portage Lakes area. It isn't too bad here but it still kinda sucks...

nothing wrong with a crack ho sucking your balls

i stress the word beat :D

I actually live right outside the city limits in the Portage Lakes area. It isn't too bad here but it still kinda sucks...

Portage Lakes isn't too bad at all. Used to have a buddy that lived in that area for a year