Planning ahead (wayyyy ahead)

Likwid

I want to get a sense now of who's interested in helping me setup the OR meet and greet that'll be up here in NEO.

We'll start with who wants to help and what you want to help with, I'll update this main post, if all else fails I'll take care of everything, but the more I can delegate to others the better.

Here's where I need help, please post if you can help in any/all of these areas, keep in mind budget is $0, so begging, bartering, calling in favors or trading will be required.

Helping:

jagr

Kosmo

Vulcan_Rider

Lost1888

Location/host:

Paved (not asphalt) parking lot

Food/Drinks:

Can be tied to location/host

Discount would be nice

Entertainment:

Music

Other

Sponsors:

Giveaways

Helping to pay for the other stuff

Local support

Proposed Locations:

Garage Bar on West 25th

Parnell's in Cleveland Heights

Winking Lizard in Peninsula

Fisher's in Peninsula

Boneyard in Brunswick

Tailgators in Avon Lake

Panini's in Macedonia

Edited by Likwid

If help with what I can.

This year taught me to go big. Just a thought.

Yah for sure, I was thinking of locations that could host 50-200 bikes... since QSL in ValleyView regularly has >3,000 bikes on Wednesdays we may be able to get people there just by soliciting there.

You might want to try the Winking Lizard in Peninsula also.

Do you happen to know anyone that works there? That'd help so I know who to contact.

My neighbor owns a bar near us that I'm 99% positive he'd let us use, but I want to make sure it's the best choice.

Do you happen to know anyone that works there? That'd help so I know who to contact.

My neighbor owns a bar near us that I'm 99% positive he'd let us use, but I want to make sure it's the best choice.

Nope, I don't know anyone in the restaurant/ bar profession. Just thought it was a good location:confused:

I have a friend that owns a bar in Cleveland hts, but the 2 issues: It is in Cleveland Hts, and the parkinglot is in the back of the building ( bikes will be out of eye sight)and you have to pay like a $1 for 2 hours. HOw about a pavillion in the Metro park? Other then the no alcohol rule in the park?Personaly, I dont drink when i ride, but might be a turn off for some. Or I also know the owner of a partycenter in Kirtland near rte 6 and 306? Large parking lot. We might have to kick in a few bucks for cleanup?

How about Garage Bar on West 25th? I dont know anyone there but I am sure if we call ahead we could get discounts on food beverages? They have a bike night on Wednesday night? If did Peninsula, maybe that place accross the street from Winking Lizard, I thik it is called Fishers? They have a large parking lot?I can also talk to my friend Perry and see if the motorcycle shop he works at can offer some door prizes?

How about Tailgators in Avon Lake... we'd have the place to ourselves and it'd be right on the water. Food is good, Beer is beer.... everything is already cheap. It's smaller than Buddy's though... if we got a crowd of 30-40, it could get cramped.

Going back... I don't do a lot of "bar hopping" but there's:

QSLs up here (Sheffield and Valley View) - right off the highway, easy to find for the non-locals, plenty of space, but probably not a lot of "specials"

Tailgators (Avon Lake) - waterfront, small and cozy, cheap, 'local flair' (not a chain), but may get cramped.

Aces Bar and Grille (North Ridgeville) - Great pizza! Plenty of space, 'local flair' (not a chain)

I work with a guy that has a band that played the club scene around the Cleveland area, I'll have to ask him where he recommends. I'd rather avoid going into 'downtown' Cleveland (parking / crime potential aspect). Of course, I'm partial to the west side (Elyria, North Ridgeville, Lorain, Amherst, Oberlin, Avon, Sheffield, Westlake, North Olmstead, Strongsville) - but if there are some good east side joints, I'm not opposed. :)

Edited by JRMMiii

I have a friend that owns a bar in Cleveland hts, but the 2 issues: It is in Cleveland Hts, and the parkinglot is in the back of the building ( bikes will be out of eye sight)and you have to pay like a $1 for 2 hours. HOw about a pavillion in the Metro park? Other then the no alcohol rule in the park?Personaly, I dont drink when i ride, but might be a turn off for some. Or I also know the owner of a partycenter in Kirtland near rte 6 and 306? Large parking lot. We might have to kick in a few bucks for cleanup?

I can't speak for everyone, but my observation is a majority of the OR regulars won't be drinking anyway, especially the ones that are going to come from long distances to get there. Just a thought.

I am up for volunteering this........same thought....as Adam...Peninsula Winking Lizard too small of a lot....Parnell's in Cleveland Heights...kinda too interior, not enough space. I would prefer something close to I-71 near Airport area that would give Central, Northwest, Northeast all guys kinda descent hauling distance wise.

My idea is Brunswick Boneyard..... big parking lot, plenty indoor/outdoor seating, right off I-71 etc.

I do not know anybody there but hey how long does it take know somebody, that's a regular local poker run stop and they are biker friendly for sure...

How about Garage Bar on West 25th? I dont know anyone there but I am sure if we call ahead we could get discounts on food beverages? They have a bike night on Wednesday night? If did Peninsula, maybe that place accross the street from Winking Lizard, I thik it is called Fishers? They have a large parking lot?I can also talk to my friend Perry and see if the motorcycle shop he works at can offer some door prizes?

I thought about the Garage also but isn't it basically street parking? I can't remember a lot when I was there last year.:confused:

Garage bar has free parking lot in the back, plus the "sidewalk" parking. There is the corner bar I go to, decent parking lot, but the inside will crowded with 60 or more people. I am glad to hear people are smart when riding and not drinking.

Alright, I talked to my neighbor, he can definitely hook us up. He's going to work up some official stuff for me but we'd likely be able to get several sponsorships through Budweiser for beer and various stuff. He mentioned if he had enough notice he could get an outdoor events permit for booze in the parking lot and could get us some giveaway stuff like concert tickets and such.

He'd hook us up with food and the front patio opens to the parking lot so we'd be set there. 100 bikes wouldn't be a problem on cement, overflow can handle ~200-500 more but it's gravel.

In terms of location, it's a little south of Cleveland, but it's easy to get to. And it gives easy access to Riverview Rd and a few of the other "roads" up here.

Anyway, I'll know more in a bit, still way ahead of time but making sure people know now that we definitely have a location and a hookup on food and booze at the least.

Alright, I talked to my neighbor, he can definitely hook us up. He's going to work up some official stuff for me but we'd likely be able to get several sponsorships through Budweiser for beer and various stuff. He mentioned if he had enough notice he could get an outdoor events permit for booze in the parking lot and could get us some giveaway stuff like concert tickets and such.

He'd hook us up with food and the front patio opens to the parking lot so we'd be set there. 100 bikes wouldn't be a problem on cement, overflow can handle ~200-500 more but it's gravel.

In terms of location, it's a little south of Cleveland, but it's easy to get to. And it gives easy access to Riverview Rd and a few of the other "roads" up here.

Anyway, I'll know more in a bit, still way ahead of time but making sure people know now that we definitely have a location and a hookup on food and booze at the least.

whats the bar? i can help. lemme know whats up. im thinking brunswick winking lizard or the new paninis. strongsville has johnny malloys, im sure theyd do something. i know the owner of jo jos sports bar n grille in medina. very good food pretty cheap. they have an outdoor bar w. seating. parking everywhere. i will talk to dom and see if hes interested. what are we looking for exactly? i got a lock on hookers and blow

whats the bar? i can help. lemme know whats up. im thinking brunswick winking lizard or the new paninis. strongsville has johnny malloys, im sure theyd do something. i know the owner of jo jos sports bar n grille in medina. very good food pretty cheap. they have an outdoor bar w. seating. parking everywhere. i will talk to dom and see if hes interested. what are we looking for exactly? i got a lock on hookers and blow

Paninis in Northfield/Macedonia is my neighbor's.

What we need is a paved/cement parking lot and a deal on booze/food/swag. Also, as you mention, extra hookers and blow would be awesome.

Paninis in Northfield/Macedonia is my neighbor's.

What we need is a paved/cement parking lot and a deal on booze/food/swag. Also, as you mention, extra hookers and blow would be awesome.

No shit...I'm there all the time. That's actually not a bad spot at all and probably wouldn't need that gravel overflow lot. And if people have an issue parking on gravel, they could always us the lot on the other side by Loose Moose and whatever place replaced The Canery, though its asphalt

I actuslly have already made some moves to get this happening i ahve talked to the owner of a place called the Grille in Brunswick and he said he would hook us up with specials plus he has a good lot and a huge out side bar that seats about 75 people just at the bar itself plus a bunch more at tables. The downside is that the inside isnt that big. We can figure out which location serves the purpose better.

As far as entertainment goes I know a few different DJ's that would probably be willing to donate their services.