WTB: Shoulder holster

Likwid

Does anyone have a shoulder holster for an XDSC (medium frame semi auto if you have generic). I'm not looking for the best just something to help me decide if this is the right route to go.

If not I'm debating a blackhawk serpa plus qcc rig but $100 is a lot to spend only to find out I don't like shoulder carry.

tia all :)

All I can say is if you decide to buy a shoulder rig buy a good one. Don't skimp or you'll hate it. In this application quality makes a huge difference.

I got a cheapo IWB Desanti copy leather with a metal clip and I love it... best $15, but shoulder and OWB are much harder to find good.

Tomcat who sells that brand? Never heard of them.

fwiw if you buy a shoulder holster, I would practice drawing your gun from there. Maybe even go to an outdoor range and practice. Some people go this route for concealment purposes, but stumble with drawing from them in real world applications. Good luck with your search!

I completly agree, Im ordering Vances leather rig. Galco's are good as well. Matt somethings in life you are gonna have to shell some doe out for. You either love a shoulder rig or hatem but by all means do not buy cheap, you will regret it!

fwiw if you buy a shoulder holster, I would practice drawing your gun from there. Maybe even go to an outdoor range and practice. Some people go this route for concealment purposes, but stumble with drawing from them in real world applications. Good luck with your search!

Makes sense, I try to practice exactly how I carry but finding a range that allows from holster is hard. ProGun/Riverside will let you if you ask, but no moving.

I completly agree, Im ordering Vances leather rig. Galco's are good as well. Matt somethings in life you are gonna have to shell some doe out for. You either love a shoulder rig or hatem but by all means do not buy cheap, you will regret it!

Appreciate the advice... I definitely need to get it right, but I haven't even carried shoulder once so I'm hesitant to shell out big bucks only to decide it's not for me... but I'm hearing quality can make or break you.

I know your looking for a sholder holster, but check this thing out. I have it and I must say, the reviews don't do it enough justice. It's amazing, super comfortable, I am constantly forgetting that I'm wearing it. The design is a little trickey to get used to putting on, but once you get the hang of it it's simple to use. I love it, can't say enough good things about it.

http://www.comp-tac.com/catalog.php?cPath=35

I have the MTAC Holster BTW, there are several on that site

I almost bought the Spartan a few days ago but I wanted to try a few options before I bought a "premiere" holster. That's why I was thinking Serpa.. it's paddle, owb belt and shoulder... and it's very high quality.

Problem is I'd have to shave some plastic so it's concealeable owb.

I have a couple blackhawk holsters that I really like. And now that its getting colder, I just wear a light jacket to cover my gun and it doesn't leave an imprint of my weapon on my jacket (advertising that I'm carrying).

Have you tried their plastic retention lock models? The model I tried is purposely longer than I need (to accomodate the 5" models)

I don't have any retention locks on my hoslters (some might say its not safe) I just wanna be able to play the way I practice I guess... But I've tried out some retention holsters and they don't slow you down that much, especially if the lock is located where you're putting pressure to draw your gun out anyways.

if you have never carried a shoulder, i do recmnd pickin up a uni nylon just to see if you like how it feels... but for long term... I do recomend galco... the have some of the best leather... that is pricy.. but wont completly break the bank