funny - pirates mistake navy ship for commercial ship...

Fazerlady

The Somali pirate's surprise, was when these type dudes ran out and shot back:

French Marine Commandos...

french_navy_commandos.jpg610xwm3.jpg

Then again, that would be the same French Marines that did this last year:

PARIS — A military shooting demonstration in southeast France on Sunday left 16 people wounded, including children, when real bullets were used instead of blank ones, officials said.

Four of the wounded were in serious condition, including a 3-year-old child, Bernard Lemaire, chief of the regional administration in Aude, said on France-3 television. Fifteen of the injured were civilians.

A Defense Ministry official said the incident occurred during a demonstration of hostage-freeing techniques at the Laperrine military barracks. The official said investigators will look into why real bullets were used.

No information was immediately available about what kind of weapon was used.

The soldier who fired the shots has been detained, Lemaire said. He said the injuries were likely an accident but that it could have been a “criminal act.”

In a statement, President Nicolas Sarkozy expressed his “horror” at Sunday’s incident at the base, which houses the 3rd marine infantry parachute regiment.

The injured were taken to nearby hospitals, with the most seriously wounded taken to Toulouse

Edited by ReconRat

When I think of Germany, I think of big, hairy women bringing me very large mugs of beer. EvilTwin, you must think of them after a few of those very large mugs of beer.

:D:D:D

(Apologies to Fazerlady)

It wouldn't take that many to impair my judgment...

Unlike most my family I've never made it over to Germany, but I have been to some darn authentic Octoberfest parties in the Catskills of NY where the stout goes down smooth and after five or six 1l steins the ground comes up fast! :lol: