good second jobs?

Kahooli

should've just got a scholarship. GAWD, what are you, a buncha reetaahhhds?

jaaaaaaaay kaaaaaaaaay

i personally did a lot of work-study jobs at labs. running experiments, etc etc. that supplemented the scholarships and my part time job. between that and my sister's even better scholarship (they actually paid her like a 1100/quarter to go to OSU... mine only covered tuition) that usually covered that month's rent, utilities, food, books. the rest, we budgeted with credit cards, and were usually able to pay it off by the month after. it was tough sometimes, but on the other hand, we both had pretty good credit by the we were getting mortgages and car loans since we managed our bills and credit cards fairly well.

oh, and my part time jobs consisted of working at blockbuster, and doing work for faculty.

should've just got a scholarship. GAWD, what are you, a buncha reetaahhhds?

jaaaaaaaay kaaaaaaaaay

i personally did a lot of work-study jobs at labs. running experiments, etc etc. that supplemented the scholarships and my part time job. between that and my sister's even better scholarship (they actually paid her like a 1100/quarter to go to OSU... mine only covered tuition) that usually covered that month's rent, utilities, food, books. the rest, we budgeted with credit cards, and were usually able to pay it off by the month after. it was tough sometimes, but on the other hand, we both had pretty good credit by the we were getting mortgages and car loans since we managed our bills and credit cards fairly well.

oh, and my part time jobs consisted of working at blockbuster, and doing work for faculty.

The problem with UC's scholarships:

You have to 1) Compete against other people in person, not just on record/history

- I'm a very shy/introverted individual. I basically sucked at human interaction coming out of high school.

2) It favors writers.

- A large portion of the competition is how well you write an essay, on the spot, in like 90 minutes. Unknown topic.

I basically suck at writing if I don't have time to prepare for the topic.

The problem with UC's scholarships:

You have to 1) Compete against other people in person, not just on record/history

- I'm a very shy/introverted individual. I basically sucked at human interaction coming out of high school.

2) It favors writers.

- A large portion of the competition is how well you write an essay, on the spot, in like 90 minutes. Unknown topic.

I basically suck at writing if I don't have time to prepare for the topic.

I would look in to the scholarships a little more closely then. I agree with your first one because I had the Cincinnatus scholarship but am pretty outgoing and open person. But the 2nd part I dunno, I'm an ok writer but with the topic that gave us I thought I completely bombed it and still somehow came out with the 2nd level of the scholarship.

But anyway, they have TONS of different kinds of scholarships you can get other than the Cincinnatus one. I had a few random ones that were college/major specific. Granted my major was relatively new and small at the time so that helped. What didn't help is that I'm a minority when it comes to getting easy scholarships, a white middle class male.

If you need any help or pointed in the right direction with UC shit just let me know. Spent 5 years there and know a shit ton of ins and outs with everyone I know who has gone/worked there