WTF!!!!! Pres. Obama reciveves the Nobel Peace Prize!??!?!

Tomcat0403

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm THINKIN' about ending world hunger, curing AIDS & cancer, & maybe solving this whole time travel conundrum once & for all....... Someone please come get me when Sweden calls with my Nobel <eyeroll> <gag>

I'm THINKIN' about ending world hunger, curing AIDS & cancer, & maybe solving this whole time travel conundrum once & for all....... Someone please come get me when Sweden calls with my Nobel <eyeroll> <gag>

That touches my emotions and my feeling are your a good candidate for President. Why don't you start there and if you get enough Tv time your celebrity will carry you through.

While your doing that I must have that big screen Tv to watch you and mobile internet access to blog about you. All the while I'm buying lottery tickets, going out to eat every night, just trying to keep up with the Jone's.

It "feels" so good to have it all and not be able to pay for it.:rolleyes:

Face it guys, Our way of thinking is obsolete. Our country is changing and we and our thoughts, ideas and opinions are going to be left behind. We will be grouchy old men dis-satisfied with our world to the bitter end. We'll be sitting in our rocking chair, watching all that we love implode and the sheep will run in circles wondering why everything has failed. And nobody will understand when we say "I told you so"

AMEN!

You can put your tinfoil hat back in your underground bunker. :rolleyes::p

I'll never understand why people think war is better than peaceful coexistence. Cooperation is easier than competition. Work smarter not harder... all those other cliches that make sense.

OK Spock

As Aerik's sig quote says...... "The eloquence of brute force" ;)

I think there's another saying about "No peace has ever been gained without violence"

Your moms a whore and the best of you ran down her leg. While we're at it, you were the load she should've swallowed.

:lol: I don't think I've ever heard that one before

That touches my emotions and my feeling are your a good candidate for President. Why don't you start there and if you get enough Tv time your celebrity will carry you through.

While your doing that I must have that big screen Tv to watch you and mobile internet access to blog about you. All the while I'm buying lottery tickets, going out to eat every night, just trying to keep up with the Jone's.

It "feels" so good to have it all and not be able to pay for it.:rolleyes:

I've got a couple cardboard boxes taped together with a flux capacitor in my backyard

Still haven't been able to transport anybody yet.... But I think that makes me legit enough to cover all my promises & speeches

I've got a couple cardboard boxes taped together with a flux capacitor in my backyard

Still haven't been able to transport anybody yet.... But I think that makes me legit enough to cover all my promises & speeches

:lol::cheers:

Dude, there should be a thing on the back that looks like a food processor. Open that up and put some garbage in it, you should be good to go.

Now we give Nobel Peace Prize to people with GOALS instead of what they've done? :nono:

It's always been that way. They gave it to him because of his ideas..not his deeds. He's not the first.

Blame the stupid Norwegians...but I'm sure this will turn into another Obama bashing thread.

Oh wait...

QS&L in sharon, pa......they used to make ppl sign a waiver before they would sell them atomic wings

Most QSLs still have this but it's mostly just for the "look how dangerous these are" effect, not because they are that hot.

I don't like any of these places super hot wings... they sacrifice flavor for heat... the Mango Habanero at BW3 are just amazing.

From the Nobel Prize website, regarding the peace prize:

"and one part to the person who shall have done the most or the best work for fraternity among nations, for the abolition or reduction of standing armies and for the holding and promotion of peace congresses."

the above quote is a translation posted by the Nobel Prize website, so it should be about as accurate a translation from the actual will of Mr. Nobel as possible.

I think some have gone overboard in criticizing Obama for receiving the prize... let's all keep in mind he did not award it to himself. He even goes as far as saying he has not done anything to deserve it (he did add the "YET" at the end... puzzling). However, I do think the bulk of the criticism is towards the Nobel prize group themselves, for awarding it to someone who himself understands he did not deserve it, and thereby, cheapening the prize and even opening themselves to becoming a politically motivated group, rather than simply awarding the prize to those who are most deserving.

I personally think Tyson should get it, for not actually killing/raping/eating people, and better yet, not even THREATENING to killing/raping/eating people.

Hm, Nobel Price, I don't know.

I can't understand why people always complain, "well, what has he done so far". Repair of issues in a country that has been driven into the ground for 8 years cannot be done within a few months. It is like eating unhealthy and fatty for 8 years and being 150 lbs overweight - eating right for a few months won't make you lose all that extra weight yet. It takes time, especially with the opposition he has to deal with. Republicans in the senate are still controlling a lot of aspects of the US politics...

I for my part still think that he will do good. People just gotta give him a chance.

And, ALL politician promise crap that they won't keep anyways just to get elected - in EVERY country!

wrong. the republicans have no control period.

Seriously though....

I support the President, and would like to see him succeed in improving the state of the Nation.

HOWEVER, I do maintain that the award would hold more weight if it were presented after the initiatives have been implemented. I agree with RSV, JRMiii, and others who believe that this kinda cheapens the award for the predecessors who've accomplished great things in the world, thus earning this distinction.

Truth be told, I'm not sure if "my" pride would have allowed me to accept it... But that's just me.

Stepping out of bounds here, but perhaps this could act as preemptive motivation... You know, give you an award for what you say that you're going to do, now the WHOLE world is watching, listening, and waiting... You have NO choice but to deliver. However I've learned that this tactic does not work with children and candy (the lil' bastards will eat your Snickers, and still leave you with a nasty car and a yard full of leaves... FCUKERS).

you are right the whole world i watching and laughing at us right now. how are we supposed to win a war we are in now when you give a prize for peace to a man in charge of it. :nono: kinda puts him in a bit of conflicting intrests.

You can put your tinfoil hat back in your underground bunker. :rolleyes::p

I'll never understand why people think war is better than peaceful coexistence. Cooperation is easier than competition. Work smarter not harder... all those other cliches that make sense.

the tin foil hat and bunker sound alot better everyday.

and i love the sunshine and butterflies idea but tell that to people that were flying planes into OUR fucking buildings.

you are on the nomination list for next year i already made some calls. actually you were already on the list before you wrote that cuz they just figured you would. ;)

he should donate the 1.4 mill prize to the universal healthcare fund :lol:

nah he is gonna give it to chicago since his promise of bringing the olympics there kinda fell through.

From the Nobel Prize website, regarding the peace prize:

"and one part to the person who shall have done the most or the best work for fraternity among nations, for the abolition or reduction of standing armies and for the holding and promotion of peace congresses."

the above quote is a translation posted by the Nobel Prize website, so it should be about as accurate a translation from the actual will of Mr. Nobel as possible.

I think some have gone overboard in criticizing Obama for receiving the prize... let's all keep in mind he did not award it to himself. He even goes as far as saying he has not done anything to deserve it (he did add the "YET" at the end... puzzling). However, I do think the bulk of the criticism is towards the Nobel prize group themselves, for awarding it to someone who himself understands he did not deserve it, and thereby, cheapening the prize and even opening themselves to becoming a politically motivated group, rather than simply awarding the prize to those who are most deserving.

I personally think Tyson should get it, for not actually killing/raping/eating people, and better yet, not even THREATENING to killing/raping/eating people.

Mr. Obama deserves this prize about as much as Michael Jackson deserves it for his children services.......... :nono:

Well I would say you started the analogy right but the delivery was wrong.

It's like eating unhealthy for 8 years and realzing you need a triple bypass and instead eating a fried donut burger every day for 9 months followed up by a 3 day pancake bender at Ihop and a night cap for fourth meal at TacoBell and convincing yourself that the self induced colitis will flush out all the "bad stuff" from your system.

donut_bacon_burger_0.jpg

thanks alot now i'm hungry

I'f I have to live under a ruler who makes me submit my work and assets, leaves me without choice or hope to succeed, limits or restricts my freedoms beyond my ability to bare it or the ability for my children to excell, just to live "In peace"!!!!! Then, No Thank you! A very Un-peaceful resolution was called for back in the 1700's and it shouldnt come as a surprise when and if it ever happens again.

And Competition is the heart of what has made this modern world you live in!!!