There is no global warming. Fuck off hippies.

Casper

Because you do not have to be a scientist to understand that the human development is destroying the earth. I am wondering where it will all end...They are developing electronics i.e. at such a fast speed that by the time you buy that device it is already outdated...

anyways, I am with JAGR and I say EVERYBODY should care and should do their part to support the environment.

:smile:

i dont know how old you are but you dont know what you are talking about.....when i was a young man the local rivers were so polluted fish couldn't live in them and people didnt dare swim in them, now, thanks to technology and awareness the rivers are safe for people and fish....the same goes for lake erie, human development does not automatically lead to the destruction of the earth, that is a very simplistic argument

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

...What happens with all the trash of our old technology?

...Much more CO2 is released because of our Mass Production of Meat.

Again, I don't think we will get to see it, but the next generations will. When I was a kid they said the forests are dying. We still have plenty of forest.

Can you give me a good reason why scientists would tell us all this if it wasn't true?

Do you believe in Jesus Christ? There are no FACTS that he existed but people still believe he did.

If you open your eyes and educate yourself about all the thinks that cause the ozonelayer to go, maybe then you will understand a little better. It does not matter how old I am, there is plenty of dumb old people around! :D

Timotheus, yes the changes are happening because of people who care and who realize that our behavior is bad for the earth. I only have a problem with people who don't care and who don't "give a damn".

Again, I don't think we will get to see it, but the next generations will. When I was a kid they said the forests are dying. We still have plenty of forest.

Can you give me a good reason why scientists would tell us all this if it wasn't true?

Do you believe in Jesus Christ? There are no FACTS that he existed but people still believe he did.

If you open your eyes and educate yourself about all the thinks that cause the ozonelayer to go, maybe then you will understand a little better. It does not matter how old I am, there is plenty of dumb old people around! :D

Timotheus, yes the changes are happening because of people who care and who realize that our behavior is bad for the earth. I only have a problem with people who don't care and who don't "give a damn".

i wasnt suggesting that you are young and dumb, just that you might not remember how bad things were 30-40 years ago ....i remember as a kid going to lake erie and seeing thousands of dead fish covering the beaches....i guess its a matter of perspective

I don't know.. why did they tell us the Earth was flat? Why did they tell us the Earth was the center of the universe? How many times are they going to find the missing link only to realize they're wrong' date=' yet again?[/quote']

Aaaaaand... imaginary rep for you sir!

CO2 isn't necessarily bad for the environment. As a matter of fact its a life-source for vascular and non vascular plants. Imagine if the plants were producing more oxygen than normal... do you think us humans would complain? And fwiw earth's atmospheric composition is almost 80% nitrogen anyways.

And sorry for the double post, but having a background in science I think I can speak to this. If you look at all the ways the EPA has come up with for remediation, superfund sites, etc etc... The single best way for pollution, contamination to be remediated is through natural attenuation. I.E. just leave it the hell alone and mother nature will correct itself. I don't think anyone is for pissing on our environment. I think where the line gets blurred is when people manipulate their science disciplines to push a personal agenda. In this case, the "green movement" is just another way for a particular set of people to create profits by inducing a not so real pandemic. The truth is our environment is leaps and bounds better than what it was in the 70's and 80's due to increases in efficiency, data recording, and environmental legislation. A lot of people can see through the personal agenda's of politicians to create a profit off of people's naivety and unwillingness to inform themselves with accurate scientific data. Crisis will drive innovation. But if you manufacture that crisis or implement unnecessary regulations in an already down economy, the only thing you do is continue to cripple our nation for the benefit of a few.

The cash for clunkers program is a great example. The biological impact of recycling all of the old vehicles, along with the increase in production of new autos far outweighed the negative impacts of a few more "mpgs" on the highway. But maybe we needed to create an "energy crisis" to sell more cars for a few companies we just bailed out that now HAVE to succeed.

CO2 isn't necessarily bad for the environment. As a matter of fact its a life-source for vascular and non vascular plants. Imagine if the plants were producing more oxygen than normal... do you think us humans would complain? And fwiw earth's atmospheric composition is almost 80% nitrogen anyways.

And sorry for the double post, but having a background in science I think I can speak to this. If you look at all the ways the EPA has come up with for remediation, superfund sites, etc etc... The single best way for pollution, contamination to be remediated is through natural attenuation. I.E. just leave it the hell alone and mother nature will correct itself. I don't think anyone is for pissing on our environment. I think where the line gets blurred is when people manipulate their science disciplines to push a personal agenda. In this case, the "green movement" is just another way for a particular set of people to create profits by inducing a not so real pandemic. The truth is our environment is leaps and bounds better than what it was in the 70's and 80's due to increases in efficiency, data recording, and environmental legislation. A lot of people can see through the personal agenda's of politicians to create a profit off of people's naivety and unwillingness to inform themselves with accurate scientific data. Crisis will drive innovation. But if you manufacture that crisis or implement unnecessary regulations in an already down economy, the only thing you do is continue to cripple our nation for the benefit of a few.

The cash for clunkers program is a great example. The biological impact of recycling all of the old vehicles, along with the increase in production of new autos far outweighed the negative impacts of a few more "mpgs" on the highway. But maybe we needed to create an "energy crisis" to sell more cars for a few companies we just bailed out that now HAVE to succeed.

i was going to say all of that but it would have worn out my finger :D very well put....concise and accurate