Tuono or Superduke 990?????

RandyF46

I haven't ridden a Tuono, but the Superduke was cool. Having an SV1000S, the Superduke is like having an SV that's been massaged. The SV is 85% of what the Duke is at 1/3rd the price.

I guess if you want one as a status symbol or something. I'd choose whatever one has the least expensive aftermarket/maintenace costs.

Tuono. Of course I'm biased. :D

The specs are so close between the two it's not even funny. The only thing is that the Tuono is putting out more power. One of the local guys around here has an 07 that put down 143 whp with Leo Vince slip-ons and Map 2. But I think his bike is a freak.

Both motors are bulletproof and built by Rotax. So really, it comes down to riding both and make your choice. There really isn't any better one when comparing their stats, and looks are a personal opinion.

Power - Aprilia

Torque - Aprilia

Brakes - Tied

Suspension - Tied (assuming the Tuono doesn't have Ohlins, if it does, Aprilia wins)

Drive - Both chain

Weight - Very close, tied

Motor - Tied, basically the same motor. Slightly changed.

Edited by RSVDon

That's the older 04 Tuono though. It underwent a MAJOR revamp the next year with a more powerful motor, stiffer chassis, changed bodywork, etc.

OP, we need to know what year Tuono and Duke you're looking at and whether the Aprilia is a Racing or the KTM is an R.