2010 NT700V - Opinions Please...

ReconRat

Honda's new to the USA 2010 NT700V

Not new in Europe, it's been there for a few years.

Opinions? It's about 566 pounds wet, 5 speed, 10.0 compression ratio V-twin, drive shaft, integrated side bags.

Red without the ABS, and the Silver is with ABS.

2010 Honda NT700V Varadero

2010-Honda-NT700V-Varaderod-small.jpg

2010-Honda-NT700V-Varaderoc-small.jpg

Edited by ReconRat

Honda's new to the USA 2010 NT700V

Not new in Europe, it's been there for a few years.

Opinions? It's about 566 pounds wet, 5 speed, 10.0 compression ratio V-twin, drive shaft, integrated side bags.

Red without the ABS, and the Silver is with ABS.

2010 Honda NT700V Varadero

2010-Honda-NT700V-Varaderod-small.jpg

2010-Honda-NT700V-Varaderoc-small.jpg

Just going with what stands out, and what i've looked up. Seems a little heavy. And really heavy for only 65 hp. Not terribly bad looking.

ouch. $10K for a 680CC.

You could tour-out an SV1K for alot cheaper.

or alot of other options for that matter.

But if YOU like it is all that should matter.

Edited by jagr
ninja edit for jrmii

Just going with what stands out, and what i've looked up. Seems a little heavy. And really heavy for only 65 hp. Not terribly bad looking.

Superhawk engine in a dual sport chassis...

I thought it's heavy also. Especially with only a 5 speed. Although that's a lot of parts around the tail end, for the integrated luggage. It might seem weak when loaded. Dunno, it will have to be compared to things like the BMW F800 ST. Or even some of the BMW boxers.

It's been popular in Europe for years as the Deauville, it's the current incarnation of the Honda Hawk GT. It'll do great as a commuter or a sport tourer. However, practical bikes just don't seem to sell well in the US. I think it'll be a sales flop, but will probably have a small cult following.

Edited by Tpoppa

Looks great but for that price tag you can do better in the touring world.

I think Honda is doing itself a disservice. Between this, the VFR and the Gold Wing, not to mention their cruisers, it seems like Honda is going to crowd over its touring segment.

Yeah but its not gonna blow your wig back like the Vmissle.

You WILL miss that.

True. Rode it today for the first time in a while and I swear my arms are longer now. Besides, my next bike will turn. That new shadow looks nice, but I will never have a cruiser. I need handling. Anyone selling a naked bike?

scottb we were just playing with the katana jokes. dont sell it cause of us.

Its cool, not selling due to jokes. I was thinking if the Kat sold, I could get a car ( like a Miata) to turn into an autocross car. I'll still have the 1982 GS 850 to cruise around on.

Superhawk engine in a dual sport chassis...

I thought it's heavy also. Especially with only a 5 speed. Although that's a lot of parts around the tail end, for the integrated luggage. It might seem weak when loaded. Dunno, it will have to be compared to things like the BMW F800 ST. Or even some of the BMW boxers.

My SuperHawk has a 996cc V-twin that puts out about 110hp and is a 6 speed (not bragging) if thats a SuperHawk motor they sleeved the fuck out of it and changed the tranny. And mine weighs 425 dripping wet :D