T-Rex Frame Sliders

SWing'R

I agree. I'll be taking my bike to Hoblicks garage this weekend to have him help me put them on using his torque wrench and sockets.

Would it also be a good idea to put a little lock-tight on the threads of the bolts when installing them? Or just torque 'em up as spec'd.

I used Blue loctite.

Most of the bikes are having the bolts run into an aluminum case part of the motor. I don't think using Blue Loctite is a good idea, but check your owner's manual. GSXRs are equipped with pinch bolts on the frames to hold the frame bolts in place. They also have locking nuts to secure the other mounting bolts.

CHECK with your owner's manual. The last thing you want to do is damage the threads in the motor or the bolt itself...

Just check - not saying you shouldn't use it, but if it is not required to do so, I wouldn't...

lemme say that stripping an engine mount bolt is not a great thing, but it isnt the end of the world either. i cross threaded my engine mount bolt and had to heli coil it. but i agree to always use a torque wrench! just fyi, engine mount bolts on a gix are 39 lbs (at least on the 06-07's)

theyre frame sliders ?? did this really become a 4 page thread over somthing that my girl can and has installed in under 30 mins? not insulting anyone or being a smartazz but seriously theyre frame sliders with 2 bolts

Excuse me for apparently being less inteligent than your little girl.

I've never worked on my bike or any other bike before other than installing a my taillight modulator,

I simply had questions regarding the tools, never said I couldn't do the work.

I didnt say you couldnt do it either and if you reread I also said not insulting anyone also , just cant belive how long a thread this has turned into over frame sliders

I know. Everyone else turned it into an argument about the "right" way to do things.

But thats really all I was looking for was some advice on doin it right!

I know. Everyone else turned it into an argument about the "right" way to do things.

But thats really all I was looking for was some advice on doin it right!

the interwebz is full of assholes and opinions, and assholes with opinions.... most stink but sometimes you get useful info... :D