My GF knew this guy

buildit

Miami County deputies said that a motorcyclist was killed Monday night when a car turned into his path at the intersection of County Road 25-A and Farrington Road just south of Piqua.

He is identified as Christopher Hubley, 52, Piqua. Hubley was on his way to work third shift at Hobart Brothers in Troy when the crash was reported to Miami County 911 at 8:41 p.m. According to the crash report, Hubley was not wearing a helmet at the time of the mishap. He was pronounced dead at the scene.

Deputies identified the driver of the car as Danielle Barnhart, 19, of Piqua. Her car ended up partially into a cornfield. Barnhart was treated for minor injuries and released from Upper Valley Medical Center near Troy.

The crash remains under investigation.

She was all torn up about this and as a new rider couldn't believe that there were no charges being pressed yet. As she put it, "the girl went home and he's dead":(

GF talked with the family and they are dealing with the loss. They are still unsure why charges have not been filled, but appear to be patient for now. The irony lies in the possibility of his fellow riders holding a wake for him. I expressed concern at this since it will most likely include HD riders with out gear, drinking in his honor and hopping on their bikes to ride home drunk.

Why, oh, why does it never end?:nono:

That sucks, RIP...

There was an accident here in Circleville last week I believe. The motorcyclist was life flighted to Columbus but not sure of the out come. Had a few people text me to make sure it wasn't me. Lot of cruisers around here, not many sportbikes.