Arrggh! Soggy boots!

Aerik

Well, the rain started on the way to class today, and I discovered that all of my gear does fine in the rain except my boots. Anyone able to recommend a decent product to help waterproof a pair of leather boots? I'm leery of just buying these gimmicky sprays and such without any advance knowledge.

Alpinestar has a few pairs, http://www.ironpony.com/ironponydirect/product_list.asp/ImageName/NA/Brand/ALPINESTARS/Class1/STREET%20PRODUCTS/Class2/Footwear/Class3/Street%20Boots-Mens/class3price/NA/page/2

I would recommend the webs or the ridge.

http://www.ironpony.com/ironponydirect/product.asp/ImageName/08-ICON-BOOT-ACCELERANT.jpg/Brand/ICON/Class2/Footwear/Class3/Street%20Boots-Mens/Class1/STREET%20PRODUCTS

I have a pair of these and love them, more of a causal boot than most of the astars but i walk around Pony all day with them on when i ride in.

http://www.ironpony.com/ironponydirect/product.asp/ImageName/TCX-09-XCUBE-BOOT.jpg/Brand/TCX/Class2/Footwear/Class3/Street%20Boots-Mens/Class1/STREET%20PRODUCTS

These are my newest foot ware purchase. I absolutely love them for the dryer days as they are only water resistant.

HOPE THIS HELPS!!

I tell ya what man, wolverine makes a killer pair of waterproof, insulated boots that aren't expensive I bought mine for 70 bucks last year and I have worn them for riding and working in thru the winter and they did great at keeping my feets warm and dry...

He wants waterproofing products.. not new boots. ;)
yeah I saw that, but most products I've tried don't last, or ruin your leather... just made a suggestion for a cheap solution and he wouldn't have to ruin his good leather boots.:)..

Waterproofing stuff only goes so far. The water still found a way through the seams.

I use Alpinestars Gore-Tex boots. They're awesome. Had to ride across Arkansas in a steady downpour and had dry feet the whole time. They are pricey but definitely worth it.

http://www.kneedraggers.com/details/Alpinestars_Web_GoreTex_Boots--617658.html

I use two coats of liquid silicone water repellent. The type in the dabber bottle. I usually just buy whatever Walgreens has. I put a couple of coats of polish over it. It lasts long enough to be dry under even bad conditions. It works even on the cloth side panels on my combat boots. I heavily soak the seams with it. I rode home in the rain last Friday night, and they stayed dry inside. Everything else got soaked clean through (on the front side). Be aware that I wear a pair of boots/shoes out in about 6 months. I walk a lot. So I suppose the waterproofing needs to be repeated each year.

Sno-Seal is the other good one. It works. Both the Sno-Seal and the liquid silicone treatment seem to be able to work outside in the puddles every day.

Use both, lol... but no water sealer will fix a boot that actually leaks bad.

Mink Oil, water resistant, cheap, kind of messy to apply.

My favorite thing, Gore Tex boot liners. You can literally stand in water, the boot will be soaked through but your feet will be completely dry. About $30.00-$40.00 if you can find them.

Whitehorsegear.com- Choko rain booties, pull over boots, $24.95 Not the greatest looking but work pretty well.

• 2 weeks later...