Attack Painter and My RF-1000

EvilTwin

So I took my RF-1000, that was originally blue white and silver, to Paul so he could paint it some more appropriate colors ;) I didn't really have a firm idea of what I wanted done besides that I wanted it to be black and orange. So I came with a very loose design idea, talked over some options and ultimately gave Paul a fair bit of creative freedom. I was not disappointed.

DSC_5946.jpg

DSC_5947.jpg

DSC_5948.jpg

DSC_5949.jpg

It did take awhile to hook up with Paul and drop off my helmet, he's not the best about returning phone calls, but for the quality of the paint job and the very reasonable price, I really can't complain. This helmet looks freaking sweet.

Oh the rear spoiler did come loose on the right side during my move to AZ, but that might have been because it was stuffed in a duffel bag under other things stuffed in my truck cab, but nothing a little bit of crazy glue couldn't fix.

nice looking helmet.

i have been thinking of having paul do my 11 and the wifes rf1000.

what did he charge you?

pual has always been great with giving me a good price, he painted my bike and 2 friends bikes, and he is currently redoing my hard bags i got for my VFR.

and yes.. he is a hard man to get ahold of, and he probably gets annoyed that i call him so much lol. I know he is a busy man though. The best painters are always a bitch to get ahold of.

but paul is bar none the best paint guy i have came across, his work is unmatched, prices unbeatable, and he is just a damn good guy.

+1 for paul

and i want 614paintwor sticker!

I have seen alot of his stuff and havent seen anything i didnt like yet . he is hard to get ahold of sometimes i no his job keeps him on the move alot and i think when he is in the shop he doesnt hear his phone but he was good on returning my calls , ill be sending my original skins to him for paint when i get a new nose piece .

I have seen alot of his stuff and havent seen anything i didnt like yet . he is hard to get ahold of sometimes i no his job keeps him on the move alot and i think when he is in the shop he doesnt hear his phone but he was good on returning my calls , ill be sending my original skins to him for paint when i get a new nose piece .

+ 1

Does this guy have a website?

Nice looking helmet! I didnt know you could paint helmets, I was told it weakend the structure of them?

Depends on the paint and the prep. If someone uses some sort of corrosive to plastic paint, yes, and if they sand a ton, yes.... otherwise you're fine.

I had a friend Pinstripe my wife's helmet.... did a great job! If I was going to have my entire helmet painted AP is who I'd give it to.

man paul you got hit with the BUT sandwich.

"he did a great job BUT... didn't return my calls"

a BUT sandwich is always bitter sweet. Kudo's to you for doing a good job at a cheap price, regardless of followup.

Paul has been nothing but good to me, and i know he is busy. thats why the contact issue to me isnt a big deal. but people should know it in advance. just so they dont get their panties in a bunch when he cant get right back to them.

like i said before, paul is the man, and i wont go anywhere else for paint work.

man paul you got hit with the BUT sandwich.

"he did a great job BUT... didn't return my calls"

a BUT sandwich is always bitter sweet. Kudo's to you for doing a good job at a cheap price, regardless of followup.

He still did a great job on my helmet, it was just that both of our schedules were supper busy and it was hard to connect. I didn't mean it as a shot on Paul, just trying to do an honest review. I would go back to Paul for all my painting needs if I weren't in Az now; if I come back to OH, Paul is def my go to guy for paint.

While helmets are by far the least enjoyable thing to paint they dont take alot of time as long as theyre a decent brand. This particular helmet was $75 to paint because of the easy design.

yeah i always thought helments could not be painted unless there was a flat color but i have a arai i might want painted...