car audio suggestions?

drumbtzz

For SQ, I'd look into Image Dynamics and certain lines of Resonant Audio. RE is probably not going to fit into a budget of $500.00 though. JL's are easy to find and good with SQ as well. Whatever you go with build the box for the sub or it will not sound good.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

im pretty much lookin for sql...want somethin that puts out good quality n gets loud...maybe not loud enough to wake the neighbors but loud enough where they can probably hear it...i listen to mostly rock so quality is a issue...and as far as the box...i def have the skill to build one its just probably not going to be the best as i dont know about the little details that make a box from good to great...

polk momo dvc 12" sub in a sealed box. spend roughly 150 on a monoblock amp. add wiring and a cap. under 450. will pound. have a momo in my boat that fucking beats hard. would love to put it into a hatchback to see how it acts. honestly skys the limit, but spend most of your money on a decent amp. a shitty sub can sound good with a decent amp. sonicelectronix.com

alpine. if you can find one of the MRD-M301 mono amps on ebay for around $50-$70 they are incredible. All digital controls, small, powerful, no overheating. I've been running that paired with a 12" Type-R sub in a closed box daily for the last 6 years (swapped out between cars) and the SQ is stellar and will more than overpower your listening needs in the car.

You planning to run this off your stock head unit or you using an after market head unit? Cause if it has the same monsoon system as my gti does good luck patching the sub into the fgactory amp system without getting rpm feed back through the speakers. It is not easy to hook up a sub with this factory crap you need to know what you are doing and it will sound better if you use all after market stuff. I have a jbl 10 I was gonna put in my hatch with a hifonics amp but dont have the parts or skills to do it myself? But your right the stock radio has no bass. gets real loud but no bass.

ok so ive been to a few shops tonight and it seems to be from what everyone is tellin me that what i want is just some powerful sq.....im lookin mainly at 2-10" subs around 1,000-1,900 watts and about a 1,500 watt amp...ive seen some jbl and powerbass subs/amps tonight that meet what ive been lookin for...any sellers or suggestions to my criteria??

p.s. i probably dont need a box, from what ive seen im most likely gonna make a white cloth covered sealed box with a slash cut front for the two 10's (seems to be the best for the hatchbacks)...interior of my car is black with white ceiling

You planning to run this off your stock head unit or you using an after market head unit? Cause if it has the same monsoon system as my gti does good luck patching the sub into the fgactory amp system without getting rpm feed back through the speakers. It is not easy to hook up a sub with this factory crap you need to know what you are doing and it will sound better if you use all after market stuff. I have a jbl 10 I was gonna put in my hatch with a hifonics amp but dont have the parts or skills to do it myself? But your right the stock radio has no bass. gets real loud but no bass.

you have to snag the output before the factory amp to avoid the rpm feedback through the aftermarket amp...which is what i planned on doing unless thats what you did and if so ill hafta shoot for a dif amp to cover the factory speakers then lol

ok so ive been to a few shops tonight and it seems to be from what everyone is tellin me that what i want is just some powerful sq.....im lookin mainly at 2-10" subs around 1,000-1,900 watts and about a 1,500 watt amp...ive seen some jbl and powerbass subs/amps tonight that meet what ive been lookin for...any sellers or suggestions to my criteria??

p.s. i probably dont need a box, from what ive seen im most likely gonna make a white cloth covered sealed box with a slash cut front for the two 10's (seems to be the best for the hatchbacks)...interior of my car is black with white ceiling

jbl fuckin blows

id go with a new jl slash series amp same technology as the rip series but a little cheaper on the pocket and 1 12w3 wouldnt be in the 1400 watt range but I am not sure if you know how loud that really is. I had 2 10w7 and each sub had its own 500/1 pushing it. It was in a 93 toyota xtended cab and it would hurt you.
i liked the w7 too but the 1000/1 jl amps sucked balls here my old car i sold a few years ago

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2149301

ok well instead of tellin me what isnt good in my budget maybe give me some hints as to what is hubby buddy butt buddy

the upper classes of american bass are pretty good i have 2 vfl competition series 10s under my back seat in my silverado with a kicker 1000/1 on each and sounds good for what it is and im really dont have the air space for them

Edited by slowbusa

ok well instead of tellin me what isnt good in my budget maybe give me some hints as to what is hubby buddy butt buddy

http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_16654_Pioneer+Premier+TS-W1208D2.html

http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_17783_Sound+Storm+-SSL-+F2600D.html

then buy a box close to the specs of that sub. id go ported or sealed. personally sealed this setup will pound and it will last. also very cheap on the wallet

Edited by that dude

the upper classes of american bass are pretty good i have 2 vfl competition series 10s under my back seat in my silverado with a kicker 1000/1 on each and sounds good for what it is and im really dont have the air space for them

no.

And you are all very misguided in the field of consumer electronics.

Don't touch american bass. dont touch soundstorm. dont touch any of that shit.

"you have to snag the output before the factory amp"

oh my god you don't even know what signal levels and impedance to match from the stock system. You are not going to get favorable results.

Please go educate yourself on the forums I linked earlier, or have someone else do your legwork and installation. preferably someone who knows what the frack theyre doing.

no.

oh my god you don't even know what signal levels and impedance to match from the stock system. You are not going to get favorable results.

Please go educate yourself on the forums I linked earlier, or have someone else do your legwork and installation. preferably someone who knows what the frack theyre doing.

your an idiot. sound storm has been around for a while. make a very good affordable amp. had them in a boat and still held up fine (non marine). i agree with american bass is shit.

if you're still looking at some subs...i have 2 10s and 2 12s and a digital capicator i dont use anymore...they're all audiobahn....dont remember the watts on the 10s. i believe the 10s are the audiobahn flame q. the 12's are audiobahn linear compression 1000 watt subs...the capicator is 1.5 farad....i believe it's the biggest you can find anymore. i've been trying to sell them for some time. they still work great and are in good condition. i think i used everything for like 3 months tops.

your an idiot. sound storm has been around for a while. make a very good affordable amp. had them in a boat and still held up fine (non marine). i agree with american bass is shit.

Just because something has been around for a long time doesn't mean it's a good thing.... jensen, pyramid, Catholicism...

Would you recommend someone go buy a Hyosung motorcycle? probably not (despite the fact they make a... drumroll... somewhat affordable bike)

Just because something has been around for a long time doesn't mean it's a good thing.... jensen, pyramid, Catholicism...

Would you recommend someone go buy a Hyosung motorcycle? probably not (despite the fact they make a... drumroll... somewhat affordable bike)

soundstorm is proven quality amp. never said they were a us amps amp. jensen is cheap but it does work for the monies. been around for a long time. hyosung rule.

i agree with kahooli as someone who has taken the time and money to educate myself in this field most people have no fucking clue what any of the numbers and specs mean.

i know soundstorm amps are good for the monies. please educate us all mr master stereo man. today bud light salutes you. :D

no.

dont get all butt hurt i have had the 10s in my truck over a year with no problems......

lets see the monte on the link i posted had 3 kicker l7 12s in it with 2 punch 1500s straped together l7 12s JUNK

then i took that shyt out went with the w7s spreakers fine 1000/1 jl amps junk 8 amps in a year sold the car

my yukon 2 kicker l7 15s with the kicker 2500/1 not a problem

my silverado year and half not a problem and beleave im beating the shyt out of them with a kicker 1000/1 on EACH 1 im in no way trying to pushin them on him im stating i havent had anyproblems but then again im not useing stock deck or highs

deck kenwood dnx9140

high amp kicker 650/4

all kicker highs