My stock windscreen painted with "nightshades" window tint.

Bluezx6r

Why couldn't you use film?

lol i actually tried that.. The curve of the windscreen was so sharp i couldent get it to wrap.

and yes i was dumb enough to paint the outside... lol i should have just let attackpainter do it lol... it would hav eben 4 dollars cheaper.. O well i guess i learned a lesson lol.

window tint generally wont take cause the windscreen is plastic expands and contracts unlike a glass window

I actually as gonna say that this morning! it Expanded my windsceen so now it wont fit properly.. I was riding today and wanted to cry at how bad it looks lol.

window tint generally wont take cause the windscreen is plastic expands and contracts unlike a glass window

Did not know that. One way to tint a shield is to use Black Rit® Dye. Two bottles in a pan with hot water, soak the shield for about half an hour and it's done.

then all paint would chip off and crack on anything that is plastic and painted. I've seen tint on polycarbonate plastic things all the time.

I'm going with you thought of this off the top of your head.

Edited by serpentracer

• 4 weeks later...

spray on tint does work on plastic, just not well. Polycarbonate expands/contracts less than standard auto glass. The reason folks use the tint film instead of spray on is because the spray on is so much messier.