Techinally.. Is my buell now worthless?

zx0neFouR

I'll just tell you know that the consensus on this board is that all Harleys are worthless.

Nah, just since they got their bail out in the 80's, well slightly before that I guess that would have been what caused them to go nipples up in the first place...

Nope, not worthless. Buell will be a legend. Value unknown. Buell will be back, give it a little time. Dunno about Buell using many Harley engines in the future though.

Edited by ReconRat
yup is nope duh

I'll just tell you know that the consensus on this board is that all Harleys are worthless.

Not true. I personally like them. I think all bikes have a purpose. When I'm 40, I'll be rocking an Ultra Glide. Hell, I thought about buying one a few weeks ago. Buell's are unique. They'll be back.

I call bullshit.

Nobody buys a vibrating couch during their mid-life crisis. You'll buy a Glide when you are 60 and need the help with circulation.

Actually....... these are the two I was contemplating at AD Farrow Downtown:

9221_557369335727_50608759_32745047_5472446_n.jpg

9221_557369245907_50608759_32745041_1708407_n.jpg

Someday, probably somewhat soon, an HD will be added to my ever growing collection.

Cant count how many R6's i've made look stupid on a tuber, esp 06's. Could just be the rider though right? like 20 times right? Haha, i wouldent have gone japper if I dident think they were better. I've had a few buells, they are different and handle well. I love motorcycles and im a rider through and through, so one that has ingnuiety and some muscle to it is just an extra. Dont hate till you try one. Alas my time buells are done, I pefer my zx, tire smoking power in any gear, low end or top end.... CHECK!

I confused :???: wasn't it worthless before they went under? whats the difference?

Aw c'mon bud, thats awful quick exit to such a interesting convo, figured a picture of a dude holding a brain flag could come back with somthing better than just a 9th grade insult.... or maybe its just that those damn buells with a good rider kick some ass? :D (oh yeah I pefer to be a snap on if i come back as a tool)

Casper, I think I found our next user for that "tool" award you were talking about.

Aw c'mon bud, thats awful quick exit to such a interesting convo, figured a picture of a dude holding a brain flag could come back with somthing better than just a 9th grade insult.... or maybe its just that those damn buells with a good rider kick some ass? :D (oh yeah I pefer to be a snap on if i come back as a tool)

its not just any brain flag... thats janitor who is president on "the brain trust" -scrubs

Anyhow, I don't mean to be sippin' on haterade, I was just being sarcastic in my first comment. I don't dislike buells, I think they've made some interesting innovations and I hate to see them go. I hope another manufacturer picks them up.

There are several groups that are making a serious attempts to purchase Buell, despite HD saying they are not selling.

If any sale is to take place, I don't think it will wil happen until 2010 as HD can really use the $100+ million write-off for 2009.