Lowest MPG?

Benyen Soljax

That Crawler is pretty impressive up close. When I worked at Kennedy Space Center (years and years ago) someone didn't close the access road to our site. I drove right past that thing while it had Endeavor clamped to it. She was being readied to carry the Canadian arm to the International Space Station.

Anyway.. I was within spitting distance of the Shuttle and Crawler. It was ~6:30 in the morning and it was an awesome site to see. It's huge!! Drove right past the launch site' date=' too. Good stuff, but I think someone lost their job after that. (sad face)[/quote']

break out the geek comments if you will but ive been pretty close to the crawler aswell as in got to touch it.(i was 13 i was at space camp). no shuttle on it stood right next to the tracks.. friggen huge.. very impressive, then when i turned 17 went back, got to do mock missions inside a full scale shuttle, that was sweet, everything worked..

yeah its like .5-1 mph with the shuttle on it.. and takes like 8 hrs to get to the pad something like that.. deff cool(never thought i would say something that travels slower then a crawling baby...would be cool), i got to watch the space shuttle atlantis launch when i was down there the first time from across the bay also super cool