Barber Museum Pics. 56K stay away!

vw151

I sorted through some pictures and put up the one's I like. Sorry if the page load is long but there is some cool shit in here.

So..... favorites? The supermono is really cool. I actually thought the old school buells were really neat, the cushman scooters were unique. That Gilera 2 stroke with the single sided fork and swing arm was bad assed. For some reason though, I think the 2 stroke 499cc Bimoto might have been my favorite. That was a really cool bike and made me really curious about what it would be like to ride. I was also intrigued by the Yamaha R7. Basically Yamaha's version of the GSX-R750 but only 50 were imported to make it race legal.

The super bad assed 1000cc MV agusta was also cool and well the Britten Goes with out saying. The CF body on the 1125RR buell was neat too. It was even cool to see the 50th anniversary R1 that came with Ohlins from the factory. There were rotary engined bikes, big touring bikes, old harley's, military bikes, a sort of tree of bikes that spanned 3 floors, some old F1 cars, drag racing bikes, old antique boat motors, race cars.

There were tons of cool Ducatis as well but I suppose I'm spoiled as I actually know about and have seen many of those, honestly the supermono was the coolest ducati of them all.

Overall though, the museum is amazing. I know it's been said a million times before but the way the bikes are displayed, the way the museum overlooks the track and the breadth of motorcycles from age to rarity to commonality to type was just amazing. There were more bikes I had never seen or heard of in there than I could even mention and for each of those there were tons of common bikes. Mr. Barber does not discriminate. He has represented. I'd gladly pay to go in there again when we go back in March. It was just cool to take a break and watch the advanced track riders out the window occassionally. Mike or steven, what was the AMA guy we were watching school everyone? He was crazy fast. 1:28.6 on the day we were in the museum apparently. Basically he was passing the other advanced guys like they were trucks on the highway. He was lapping them about 2 times per session. Anyway..... enjoy!

IMG_0507.jpg

IMG_0508.jpg

IMG_0509.jpg

IMG_0510.jpg

IMG_0514.jpg

IMG_0522.jpg

IMG_0523.jpg

IMG_0527.jpg

IMG_0528.jpg

Picture356.jpg

Picture366.jpg

Picture402.jpg