"Paranormal Activity"

Fonzie

I got a good copy of it and watched it a week ago.

First half is SLOW. But, when shit starts really happening, it's fucking creepy. I didn't care for Blair Witch....this beats that movie hands down. The last 4-5 minutes is some creepy ass shit..and the best part of the movie.

I was skeptical at first due to the cheesy over the top marketing..but it IS a good movie.

BTW, it's not a real story. They try to make you think it is...all part of the marketing. They get an A for that, and the 'tell them you want this movie in your area' and 'they listened to you, now playing everywhere' ads.

I got a good copy of it and watched it a week ago.

First half is SLOW. But, when shit starts really happening, it's fucking creepy. I didn't care for Blair Witch....this beats that movie hands down. The last 4-5 minutes is some creepy ass shit..and the best part of the movie.

I was skeptical at first due to the cheesy over the top marketing..but it IS a good movie.

BTW, it's not a real story. They try to make you think it is...all part of the marketing. They get an A for that, and the 'tell them you want this movie in your area' and 'they listened to you, now playing everywhere' ads.

Where did you find that it isn't true Udell? Haven't had time to google yet, and figured even if it was fake, they'd have some dummy sites set up to corroberate..... i.e. that "Diana" site

There were NO opening or closing credits, and I skimmed that legal disclaimer at the end, & it didn't have the usual verbage of "This story is fictitious, and any resemblance to real people or situations is purely coincidental"

Agreed about the last 5-10 minutes

**SPOILER ALERT**

When it climbs under the sheets with her, & then she gets drug out of bed & down the hall was pretty freakin' creepy too!!

The attic bit reminded me of the Grudge & Quarantine. When she's sitting outside in the cold reminded me of Exorcist when the demon keeps the room freezing when the priests come in

Edited by Fonzie

From what I read on Wiki and saw on MSNBC a while ago, the author had some unexplained things happen in his home. He did some research on 'paranormal activity' and created the story based on stuff he found. The movie isn't based on any person/people in particular. It's still fucking creepy. I went to bed right after the movie and I woke up like 20 times.

http://wiki.answers.com/Q/Is_the_movie_%27Paranormal_Activity%27_based_on_a_true_story&alreadyAsked=1&rtitle=What_is_the_true_story_behind_paranormal_activity

Ohhhhhhhhh hellllls yes! The sheet/drag scene was one of the creepiest scenes I have ever seen in a movie, and it wasn't gory..no blood...etc. It made my skin crawl!! The stuff that happens downstairs, the last night in the house, maannnnnnnnnnnn...you can't see it but you hear it...wow.

This film is a good example of doing more with less.

:lol: You mean it wasn't just me?!? :D I was up 'til about 2:00 last night, and after about 1:00, I kept spookin' myself & thinkin' "This was what time shit kept starting in the movie" ;)

Ohhhhhhhhh hellllls yes! The sheet/drag scene was one of the creepiest scenes I have ever seen in a movie, and it wasn't gory..no blood...etc. It made my skin crawl!! The stuff that happens downstairs, the last night in the house, maannnnnnnnnnnn...you can't see it but you hear it...wow.

AMEN to that!! I'm gettin' goosebumps again just readin'/typin' this!! ;) I LOVE a good suspense movie/religious thriller. They scare the hell out of me worse than anything

My boys & their buddies that went with us were talking about Saw VI, & I told them movies like this are scarier to me. All that is is a bunch of blood & gore

This fuggin movie gave me nightmares last night!!! I kept waking up and going back to sleep and going right back to the same damn dream!!

You nailed it Fonzie..these movies are way scarier than the hack and slash movies. I can't remember...ever...being weirded out by something I couldn't even see, but hear.

Although the first part is slow, I think it builds the anticipation for the end. Things gradually get worse..until ..well..you know. :) The even scarier part is that this takes place in an average home..not set in hell or some third dimension..and no special effects that take away from the horror.

Again, I went into this movie thinking it HAD to be a big FAIL. I was dead (pun intended) wrong.

you must have the same copy i have.... they come back up stairs in the theater version. i (we) have the version from the sun dance film fest. which is why the statements of "now in theaters everywhere"

you must have the same copy i have.... they come back up stairs in the theater version. i (we) have the version from the sun dance film fest. which is why the statements of "now in theaters everywhere"

I THOUGHT I saw something about a different ending...and some scenes in the commercial didn't appear in the copy I had. Hmmmmmmmm.

I THOUGHT I saw something about a different ending...and some scenes in the commercial didn't appear in the copy I had. Hmmmmmmmm.

** SPOILER ALERT**

Yeah..... After all the screaming downstairs at the end, it gets reeeeal quiet for a few seconds. I started thinkin' "OK.... Mikah's gotta be dead or you'd be hearin' something.... Even if it was just him crying, or heavy breathing, swearing.... Something"

Then you start hearing that thud thud thud of the demon walking up the stairs..... then quiet again. But you never see anything.... So I start watching the walls for shadows & some of the other stuff he's pulled. Then all the sudden you hear this horrid scream & see Mikah's body come flying through the doorway into where the camera's set up. As his body falls down the wall to the floor, you now see Katie standing in the doorway with blood all over her midsection... Just kinda hulking there, like when she was hovering over him while he was sleeping.

She then thud thud thud's over to his body, and gets down on all 4's with her face next to it. We're thinkin' "Is she smellin' it, gonna tear into it & eat him, gonna start crying..... What?!?"

She then just looks up at the camera & gets this subtle, twisted smile, hold it for a few seconds, then gets up & comes over to stick her face in the camera, at which point it seems like her face kinda morphs or something

Fade to black

No credits at all. Everyone sat there waiting for several minutes thinking there had to be more coming..... credits or an easter egg or something

Edited by Fonzie

You nailed it Fonzie..these movies are way scarier than the hack and slash movies. I can't remember...ever...being weirded out by something I couldn't even see, but hear.

Theater of the mind..... Your mind can play alllll kinds of tricks on you & start messin' with 'ya ;)

That's why I quit watchin' these kinds of movies while I was on the railroad. Already creepy enough out there sometimes, walkin' those 2 mile trains all by yourself out in the middle of nowhere, or some pretty bad neighborhoods..... 2,3,4 in the morning, foggy, etc.

I didn't need to give my mind any additional fuel to start using against me in those situations

Although there was this one night that I still, 5 years later, can't figure out & get creeped about

Edited by Fonzie

** SPOILER ALERT**

Yeah..... After all the screaming downstairs at the end, it gets reeeeal quiet for a few seconds. I started thinkin' "OK.... Mikah's gotta be dead or you'd be hearin' something.... Even if it was just him crying, or heavy breathing, swearing.... Something"

Then you start hearing that thud thud thud of the demon walking up the stairs..... then quiet again. But you never see anything.... So I start watching the walls for shadows & some of the other stuff he's pulled. Then all the sudden you hear this horrid scream & see Mikah's body come flying through the doorway into where the camera's set up. As his body falls down the wall to the floor, you now see Katie standing in the doorway with blood all over her midsection... Just kinda hulking there, like when she was hovering over him while he was sleeping.

She then thud thud thud's over to his body, and gets down on all 4's with her face next to it. We're thinkin' "Is she smellin' it, gonna tear into it & eat him, gonna start crying..... What?!?"

She then just looks up at the camera & gets this subtle, twisted smile, hold it for a few seconds, then gets up & comes over to stick her face in the camera, at which point it seems like her face kinda morphs or something

Fade to black

No credits at all. Everyone sat there waiting for several minutes thinking there had to be more coming..... credits or an easter egg or something

tahts exactly what ive been told, im waiting for a new copy of the new version

Did either of you notice...... Was there a bit of blood down the scratch on Mikah's cheek in the picture, when the demon smashed the glass?

The boys & I were debating it..... Couple of us saw it, and a couple didn't

** SPOILER ALERT**

Fade to black

i have to say this has to be by far one of the scariest movies ive seen, im not a big scary movie fan but this movie gave me the creeps. freakin awesome. i got the same thing u did fonzie but when it went black it came up as "oct 18 (i think) police found mika's dead and mangled.. and for the girls body was never found and still remains missing till this day...." :eek:

i have to say this has to be by far one of the scariest movies ive seen, im not a big scary movie fan but this movie gave me the creeps. freakin awesome. i got the same thing u did fonzie but when it went black it came up as "oct 18 (i think) police found mika's dead and mangled.. and for the girls body was never found and still remains missing till this day...." :eek:

Aaayyyy.... Where you been David?

Yeah.... I forgot about that part. We had a whole conversation about that too, still thinking it was real at that point

Was she dead, & if so.... Why hadn't her body been found yet; did the demon still possess her 3 years later & if so.... How had she remained unnoticed for so long; or was she alive & in hiding because she'd somehow found out what she'd done while possessed, & was afraid to come home & face a murder rap??

sometimes, i wake up and see fonzie lurking at the foot of my bed. i pull the sheets up and he usually leaves after a few hours. i try not to antagonize him...

:lol: REP!

Still avoiding this movie, the realistic setting combined with a few experiences makes me hesitant. Don't want to wake up like in the middle of the night like :wtf: