Anyone know how to install a cam and head gasket in a ZX-10

fungames43232

Because on the ZX-10 the race exhaust cam is actually smaller and you lose HP if installed. The race kit calls for alot more than just cams. Head gasket is a .45m instead of a .65 to bump the compression. Would like to do springs and retainers since the zx-10 is also known to shatter retainers.

This does not compute. Why would a matched set of race cams lose you HP? Unless what you're missing is that the revised exhaust cam is changing your mid-range power delivery? It makes no sense to grind both race cams and the exhaust side be detrimental to performance. :confused:

This does not compute. Why would a matched set of race cams lose you HP? Unless what you're missing is that the revised exhaust cam is changing your mid-range power delivery? It makes no sense to grind both race cams and the exhaust side be detrimental to performance. :confused:

Stock motor + race intake cam = :D

stock motor + race intake and exhaust = :(

Race spec motor + race intake and exhaust = :D

LOL....Garth from the ZX-10 forum has tested both. He has even tested the race intake cam in the intake slot and the the stock intake cam in the exhaust. Not much to be gained there. Unfortunately all the people that I know of that specialize in ZX-10 builds are in PA, FL and MI.

service manual

Yes I have a service manual, but I have never had to degree a cam....yes I have instructions how how to degree cams. I've done my own valve job and could probably replace the head gasket if I tried, but now we are into things I have never done. If you get the timing off a notch or get the valve to piston clearance wrong, say bye bye to your motor.