Magazine discovered.

Unk Greg

Fall is here and that means the catalogs showing up in the mailbox. Is it too early for Christmas wish lists? Flipping thru a catalog and I see a reference to a magazine named, RoadRunner, Motorcycle Touring and Travel (www.roadrunner.travel) and they have useful articles - "Storing your bike for winter" AND then I see an article on Shamrock Tours. Surprise B-Day gift of tour for hubby (couple from Butler, PA)...and they was in the neighborhood....visited 9/23/09. I wonder where I was? Lotsa pictures and I smiled as I recognized spots pictured even before reading the caption. Helmick Covered Bridge, Malabar Farm, Mohawk Dam and good ole Roscoe Village. For you tecnologically advanced GPS download too!

Article attached: Check out the site for pics- they found the great backroads (including the off road spots). Enjoy.

RoadRUNNER » March/April 2009 » Off-Roadin’ in Eastern Ohio

printer.jpg Print Article

Issue:

March/April 2009

Text:

James T. Parks

Photography:

James T. Parks and Christa Neuhauser

Geographic Region:

OH, USA

tn_img_360815.jpgtn_img_360816.jpg Visit the gallery for more pictures

Off-Roadin’ in Eastern Ohio

Not long ago the idea of a dual-sport Shamrock Tour took root when Steve Mauk, a long-time off-road rider, ignited my imagination with tales of scenic gravel roads and trails winding through the overarching canopies of hardwood forests in his native Eastern Ohio. We collaborated on choosing a home base for this shamrock (Coshocton, Ohio) and the riding areas, and we scheduled the trip for mid-June when the roads would be dried out from spring rains and all of the plant life would be in full bloom.

GPS Coordinates Map: Download Coshocton Tour

The Plain People

(Day 1: NE Quadrant)

Eastern Ohio is well known among many motorcyclists for its challenging two-lane tarmac, but fewer people know that

Edited by littlecarbsbigsmiles