goin to dragway 42 sunday

ninjascott

He has never been on a dragstrip before but did some street racing quite a few times. Cool thats what I thought high tens low elevens it will be fun. The reason we are goin is my neighbor has a tube chasis grand am, he just finished a twin turbo 388 so we're gonna see what it will do and since it cost the same to race as watch we decided to take the bikes.

^ a lot will depend on track conditions. cool as it is, traction might be more of an issue than I anticipated. And i'm by no means a drag-race expert (but I do watch a lot of "pass time" on speed, and I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night - no, seriously. I'm in ATL for work, and really wish i had my bike with me...)

if ur going to go to dragway 42 on a bike stay in the right line left lane about the 1000' mark it gets hairy = tank slaper happend on dovers 08 busa i was on a 03 gsxr1000 happened on it and anthony 06 gsxr1000 so it wasnt like only 1 bike having the problem

• 2 weeks later...

the ninja went 10.40 best and the gsxr went 11.10 best. the fastest guy all day was a r1 raven with a 10.15. there was a b king his best was 10.20. and a fz1 with a wheeelie bar that was runnin like 12.20's. But the best one was a yamaha raider this guy was leavin so hard the bike was pullin the front wheel like every bit of 10 oclock and he was givin the fz1 fits.

• 3 weeks later...
I was out there on 11/22. Only 4 bikes there all day. Ran a personal best of 10.77@129 (ZRX1100) on my last run of the day. And yes, it is less than smoooooth.:eek:

Did not know you also haunted this site...nice to see you here!

Bye the way...I did get the ZX7 jetting sorted

Dynojet = :mad:

Factory Pro = :)

I have never tried so many different combinations to get a stock internal bike to run clean. Factory kit fist time out was better than the DJ, second time was as close to perfect as I can get with out a dyno and O2 reading.