Oties Old Hilliard Inn & Pub, Hilliard- Loose Gravel, Hole in Parking Lot

DGTL GRL

Just a word to be careful on your bike pulling outta the 'parking lot' behind Oties Old Hilliard Inn & Pub, Hilliard.

There is a huge hole and lots of loose gravel back there.

I saw the hole but still lost my footing with the loose gravel which is located closer to the alley exit. Bike went down slowly to the right but no harm, no foul. Everything was fine except my pride.

Just a note to be careful there. That's all folks!

Those are the one's that truly rob your dignity. Did you have an audience? I had one like that, on a previous bike, where I was very slowly traveling uphill and tried to turn into a downhill parking spot, which was almost a 360 degree turn, over-balanced and the bike came down against my leg but it didn't touch the ground. I had an audience and it was pretty humiliating. It was also amazing how easily and quickly I righted the bike right after. :D

OUCH! That does sound like it hurt.. your pride! Yeah, I'm sure you had that bike up in no time. Amazing how humiliation can help with that.

I didn't have much of an audience. I was riding with the hubby and he was in front of me. Pointed to the hole in the lot and I'd already saw it. What I didn't see what the really loose dirt and gravel. Yeahhh.. I was able to get him to help me push her back up right since she didn't go completely down. My hubby put his bike in neutral and hopped right off to come back and help me. Good thing noone ran off with his bike since he left it running.

My husband's friend was in a cage behind me. Sooo.. that was really great. He'd never seen me ride before and then gets to see this. Just minutes after I was trying to sell his girlfriend on getting her own bike. LOL :lol:

Anyway.. THAT PARKING LOT SUCKS.. be warned!

...My husband's friend was in a cage behind me. Sooo.. that was really great. He'd never seen me ride before and then gets to see this. Just minutes after I was trying to sell his girlfriend on getting her own bike. LOL :lol:

Anyway.. THAT PARKING LOT SUCKS.. be warned!

Way to sell the lifestyle girl...hey you should get a bike, its great, ohhhh shit :p Glad you and the bike are alright!

Wish we had got to ride this weekend, we were out of town and did not have the chance to ride at all :(

Yeah, my 'sell' was as smoothe as Ex-lax.

Oh man.. not even 1 ride?!? That's horrible! We rode both days. Really great ride to Urbana on Saturday before kick-off.

Nope, not a bit. But at least Melissa got to ride briefly on Friday, she dropped her bike off at Honda NW for its first service, its getting serviced tomorrow.

Just a word to be careful on your bike pulling outta the 'parking lot' behind Oties Old Hilliard Inn & Pub, Hilliard.

There is a huge hole and lots of loose gravel back there.

I saw the hole but still lost my footing with the loose gravel which is located closer to the alley exit. Bike went down slowly to the right but no harm, no foul. Everything was fine except my pride.

Just a note to be careful there. That's all folks!

Glad you and the bike are ok. I don't like you for 2 reasons however, you'be been riding and you went to Otie's. I haven't been to Otie's in over a year and haven't been on my bike since mid-October.