AR Shopping

Todd#43

rifle stuff for sure. but for 9mm stuff i dont think you can reload cheaper than what they are sellin Blazer for.10.99 for 50. that's about 22 cents a round. however if you want that extra accuracy or just enjoy reloading, have at it.

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

now i just did a quick check at cabela's, i'm sure better deals are to be had. but for 1000 bullets,brass,primers, and 8lbs of powder it's $434 or .43 per round of 9mm. ofcourse once you fire them off you don't have the cost of the brass, so then it would be around .26 per round with damn good powder set to your specs. so if you load about 1000 rounds then it's pretty much equal in price, but with MUCH better quality and accuracy

I reload.. IT SAVES ME TONS OF MONEY!!!!
rifle stuff for sure. but for 9mm stuff i dont think you can reload cheaper than what they are sellin Blazer for.10.99 for 50. that's about 22 cents a round. however if you want that extra accuracy or just enjoy reloading, have at it.

I'd have to agree. In the past for general "shooting" I always loaded my own pistol stuff (almost never jacketed) in .45, 9mm, .40 S&W .38/.357, and 44 mag and saved a TON of money. I dont understand why doing the same thing with the rifle calibers wouldn't be the same.

I'd have to agree. In the past for general "shooting" I always loaded my own pistol stuff (almost never jacketed) in .45, 9mm, .40 S&W .38/.357, and 44 mag and saved a TON of money. I dont understand why doing the same thing with the rifle calibers wouldn't be the same.

Right now Im only reloading rifle (223 & 308).. for my 308 match stuff, Im reloading around .38 per round. If I were to buy the same quality stuff, it would cost me $2 per round.

Edited by flounder

Obviously, you have done some reloading. That's all well and good. My point in not recommending it was I've seen a TON of problems with reloads in the AR platforms, and most of those coming from your average hobby reloader. Guys shooting the service rifle stuff or match rounds for long range like flounder does is something different. Typically, they have a crapload of experience and some killer equipment (like a dillon 1050)

Show up with reloads at a carbine course and be ready to sit out while everyone else shoots. There is a reason they have those rules.

I'm not saying its not doable, or you can't save money. I'm saying that while starting out on the AR platform its not worth your time.

Obviously, you have done some reloading. That's all well and good. My point in not recommending it was I've seen a TON of problems with reloads in the AR platforms, and most of those coming from your average hobby reloader. Guys shooting the service rifle stuff or match rounds for long range like flounder does is something different. Typically, they have a crapload of experience and some killer equipment (like a dillon 1050)

Show up with reloads at a carbine course and be ready to sit out while everyone else shoots. There is a reason they have those rules.

I'm not saying its not doable, or you can't save money. I'm saying that while starting out on the AR platform its not worth your time.

On any autoloader when I've had to rely on it for self or home defense or match type shooting, I've always used factory ammo.

However, for general fucking around I've used stuff I made myself for a number of years across a number of platforms. I've never in my life had a progressive multistage press like the Dillon 1050 because I wasn't loading that many rounds. I'm certainly competent enough to do it on a single stage press.

I really wouldn't have any issues with loading my own rounds for an AR (or any other platform for that matter) even though the gun was new to me.

On any autoloader when I've had to rely on it for self or home defense or match type shooting, I've always used factory ammo.

However, for general fucking around I've used stuff I made myself for a number of years across a number of platforms. I've never in my life had a progressive multistage press like the Dillon 1050 because I wasn't loading that many rounds. I'm certainly competent enough to do it on a single stage press.

I really wouldn't have any issues with loading my own rounds for an AR (or any other platform for that matter) even though the gun was new to me.

that's weird to hear, pretty much all the Match comp shooting i've seen involves everyone reloading their own secret loads. When it comes to accuracy and consistency, factory loads can't compete

that's weird to hear, pretty much all the Match comp shooting i've seen involves everyone reloading their own secret loads. When it comes to accuracy and consistency, factory loads can't compete

I've never done any long range rifle competition shooting, so maybe its different, but for the pistol stuff I did in the past (like 20 years ago) the factory ammo I bought worked just fine.

Now, who's got an AR they want to sell???

www.ohioccwforums.org

I believe you have to register to view their classified section' date=' but I recommend doing it regardless. It's a good forum, especially for Ohioans.[/quote']

Good site. Found this video linked to a thread on that site: WOW!!!http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EQPoBxqas-M

aww, yes. it's def. progressed over the years. even with pistols. IDPA or IPSC or USPSA meets with pistol and 3 gun competitions are loaded with custom loads.

I'm sure things have changed over time. Of course, I'm sure a lot of people loaded their own then too. I just wasn't one of them.

Good site. Found this video linked to a thread on that site: WOW!!!

god i love uneducated people....:rolleyes:

first officer couldn't even read the license. I would think that as a leo one would want to actual be educated on the laws that they are enforcing.

The guy in that vid is a dumbass (Im talking about the guy carrying.) He was obviously trying to get a rise out of the police just to video it. First off, the police do have a right to detain you until they can validate your identity and that you dont have warrants, etc. Also, unfortunately, they can cite your for "Inciting a Panic" Guys like this give firearms owners a bad name.

the phone call complaint is what made it so they could stop him. they can't just grab you for walking with a gun on your hip.

Yes they can!! It gives them reasonable suspicion for them to detain you long enough to validate your identity and that you are legally allowed to have a firearm.

have you ever open carried in a crowded area? getting bumped into constantly makes it hard to tell a person's intent. think of a pick pocket. Also, you've gotta think that if they see that you have a gun, you become a target in a situation. they will shoot first. whereas if they think you are unarmed, you slide under the radar.