9mm AR15?

DLN1223

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

lol, no shit! yes the make ar's in 5.56, 7.62, 6.8, 9mm, 5.45, and .410 shotgun, from what i've seen. the 9mm ar's use normal 9mm handgun ammo, so the range is greatly reduced. fun for plinking and would make a decent home defense weapon.

I want a Tommy Gun :D

I'd take gun advice from this board but I'd be intelligent about it and not take the first response as word of god and sort through the BS, there are plenty of people on this board who know their shit about firearms, so much so that it warranted the creation of a 'firearms' sub forum....

If you just want a 9mm range toy, a Hi-Point carbine is ridiculously cheap but lots of fun. ARs are way too expensive to buy in a pistol caliber.

You can find a used Beretta CX4 Storm cheaper than the AR as well, if Hi-point's reputation creeps you out.

But the Hi-Point I had was reasonably reliable and accurate enough for range fun. In the years I had it, it jammed exactly twice, using the Walmart bulk winchester white-box.

Agreed. And if some AR snob at the range gives you shit about having a cheapass gun, toss a bit of dust on his AR (so he can't shoot you), pull his black custom tacti-cool rangebag over his head, and strangle him with his nylon tacti-cool harness.

Then, take his wallet. Those guys have bank. :p