Exploring offroad near Old Mans Cave

buildit

CHS and I rode some great trails around tar hollow and some stuff I've never ridden before! Droped the bike twice on some slick stuff (no damage, no photos either :lol:). Still taking some getting used to riding a bike that tall offroad.

Wesurvivedtheendurotrails.jpg

The KTm 950 did well considering it still has the street front on. Gotta get that thing off and put a real tire up there. Hopefully I will be able to host another Tar Hollow DS ride in the spring using some of these new trails.

Dirtroaddeadends.jpg

Legs burning, arms whipped, head pounding, eyes blood shot, ass beaten to a pulp and I still love riding Dual Sport. :)

where is that? It looks like where we used to ride quads between Happy Hollow road and Big Pine/Wagner rd.

Just south of Big Pine on Purcell rd. Wish we were able to ride through but all the trails leading north to Big Pine are gated and posted. We try to respect the wishes of land owners when exploring but it often get confussing when sign along an unimproved road mean stay out of my woods vs this is my road stay off because other people abused it.:(

Just south of Big Pine on Purcell rd. Wish we were able to ride through but all the trails leading north to Big Pine are gated and posted. We try to respect the wishes of land owners when exploring but it often get confussing when sign along an unimproved road mean stay out of my woods vs this is my road stay off because other people abused it.:(

Yeah, I know what you mean. My dad and grandad are friends with the Thompsons who own alot of timber land around there, so we had permission to ride most of the trails, but I havent been down there in a few years.

Oddly some of the worst abusers of private property are locals. Wish I had more contacts down there with land so I could get permission to ride some of the off limits/ gated areas. One of the things I love is being able to link multiple trails and roads together to make a real nice ride down there. It sadens me to see so many people having to close off their trails, counties abandon roads, and the gates go up.

Stop by Thompson wood products in Laurelville. (big log building on the west side of town on 56) Norm died last winter, but his sons run it now. If you explain what you want to do and stick to the gasline roads, which I'm sure you do with those bikes, they will probably let you.