WMMS Cancelled the Maxwell Show?!?!?!

magley64

most radio (and tv - look at american idol...) shows rely on some variation of a simple format: "the dork, the dick, and the darling." Rover's morning glory is a perfect example, and Maxwell show wasn't far behind.

the point is, there is always someone on the show you're SUPPOSED to hate. Duji is a bleeding-heart liberal for the liberals to love and the conservatives to hate. Deiter is ultra conservative for the liberals to hate and the conservatives to love. Rover is the voice of reason; by design, he sounds smarter by not taking an extreme stance that a large portion of the audience will hate.

what i HATE about RMG is the stupid acting. every couple months, Dumb cries, Dieter has goes on a 'roid rage, Duji has listeners call in and hate on her and cries about being unappreciated, and Charlie talks shit that he can't back up. The fact that i can tell they're faking is what pisses me off.

That's what i liked best about hte maxwell show, and why i'll miss it. Either they were MUCH better actors than anyone on RMG, or they were honest. I appreciated that honesty, and found their discussions a lot more compelling because of it.

without knowing actual numbers as far as what they offered Maxwell for his contract, it's hard to make a judgment on who was the dick here. I don't think Maxwell was getting paid more than $75k/year, and Stansbury was probably making in the mid 30's. Chunk is an hourly employee. no way she makes more than $10/hour.

The fact that they offered Stansbury his own show and he turned it down actually increases my respect for him quite a bit. I'm not sure it was a smart financial move, but he's sticking with the guy who gave him his 'break' in radio. There's something to be said for loyalty. I hope they're back on the air in Cleveland in 2010.

idealist? just because they all voted for Obama? :-p (only half kidding...)

but I agree to some extent on the business decision. there's loyalty and then there's stupidity. Most people can't afford principles. If Stansbury can, good for him, but I think taking a contract and hiring maxwell might have gotten him further.

Stansbury, Dalton and Chunk would have been a pretty funny show.

If someone offers you a job' date=' in this economy, you take it. I think he fucked up, but maybe he has tons of dollars and doesn't need to work. :dunno:[/quote']

The way his bar tabs go I bet he either has a ton of money saved or doesn't have much at all :lol:

My buddy I bought my bike off of actually knows Dan and relayed to me that all Dan would say in a text is that he could not go into details but everything will be ok

that's what i liked best about hte maxwell show, and why i'll miss it. Either they were much better actors than anyone on rmg, or they were honest. I appreciated that honesty, and found their discussions a lot more compelling because of it.......the fact that they offered stansbury his own show and he turned it down actually increases my respect for him quite a bit. I'm not sure it was a smart financial move, but he's sticking with the guy who gave him his 'break' in radio. There's something to be said for loyalty. I hope they're back on the air in cleveland in 2010.

ditto

The show will definately get picked up by somebody...just not in Cleveland. There is no station in Cleveland to pick them up, the only possibility would be 92.3 but they have been broke and for sale since Rover left. No one else in Cleveland would pick him up but he will be picked up somewhere.

The show will definately get picked up by somebody...just not in Cleveland. There is no station in Cleveland to pick them up, the only possibility would be 92.3 but they have been broke and for sale since Rover left. No one else in Cleveland would pick him up but he will be picked up somewhere.

i'm hoping ncx gets them..but prob wont happen