LCD tv repair.

4DAIVI PAI2K5

so ive got this westinghouse tv. the back light isnt working properly.

tv turns on the screen goes black after a few seconds and i only have sound. i can still see the pic when light is shined on the front of the tv (sunlight coming in the front door.) anyone have any ideas?

find ur tv's serial # and look online for the lamp it uses. It is really easy to replace the lamp and theres even instruction on video on google.
onyl thing i find is bulb life... it is the sk 32h240s model
i'll make you a deal parks. you find out how much the bulb is, i pay for the bulb (if it is a reasonable cost) and you let me have the tv.

how about u buy the bulb for this tv and my projector and ill give u the westinghouse!

Westinghouse didn't make the TV, somebody else did and then they put their name on it.

So getting a lamp for it will be a pain in the butt. You can find the manufacturer by looking on the label on the back for an FCC ID number, then look that up on line to get the real mfg. Finding that out you can surf on over to their site and find a TV that looks just like yours and get the lamp for that one.

Finding a cross reference for the lamp by model # would be ideal. But they don't seem very popular for your brand. Google, surf and call around....

BTW they look to be $100 and up.

What Strictly Street said...

Plus I've always heard I need to open it up and look at the lamps in order to get a replacement. I've heard it's a delicate operation. You should know that the same symptoms can be the inverter card. Where you can see an unlit ghost image on the screen. All I can say is that if the bulbs weren't getting black on the sides/corners of the picture, it's probably the inverter card. And I only know a few laptops, not any tvs. Also don't know what an inverter card costs.

My one laptop has had two inverter cards and one screen w/bulbs replaced...still works...

I got lucky on one big screen, a wire was off the inverter card, solder fixed it.

edit: What I'm talking about here is a hack job. Replacing the bulbs INSIDE the screen assy. Not normally done that way. The assembly should be replaced as a unit. The screen assembly isn't always available as a replacement part. It really is a very few parts that is generally disposable when it stops working.

Edited by ReconRat
moar

I work at hh Gregg and do nothing but sell LCD TVs...you got lucky if its the backlight because 80% of the time when these TVs break...its more economical to just go buy a new one...also that's why we only sell name brand TVs because they are higher quality and its easier to find parts...next time...no shit...buy the service plan...believe it or not it is very worth it

i just recently had the power supply blow on my samsung plasma but called and it was covered under manufacture warranty. i agree wit tomcat the extended warranty is worth the money i didnt buy for mine and was freaking for a while till i found out it was getting fixed for free

Lg ftmfw!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ive got a 47" lg 1080 tv also. just wanted to get my second tv working again, ive got a Toshiba high def projector also but the bulb lifes arent very long on them and it was my main tv for like 2 years so it got used up pretty quick actually lasted longer then expected if i remember correctly.

ive got a 47" lg 1080 tv also. just wanted to get my second tv working again, ive got a Toshiba high def projector also but the bulb lifes arent very long on them and it was my main tv for like 2 years so it got used up pretty quick actually lasted longer then expected if i remember correctly.

47 is nice....LG rocks man phones tv's pc monitors....hell if they made a car and a bike i would prolly buy it....honda and lg my two main go to mofos:cool:

I very rarely ever see an LCD actually get repaired. Most of the time the lcd panel is more expensive then the original cost of the tv. Are you talking about a true LCD or a LCP or DLP? The latter two have replacement bulbs that vary from $1-200. I send at least 3 tvs a week out to our service center for repair. What sucks is if the light engine goes bad in the projections style. If you can get the part it is usually $500 plus the cost of the bulb. Friggin rip offs. Basicly the manufacturers do not want you to fix your old set.