First day in the UK

F4iBunny

After an early morning landing and Bret's mom's funeral service, we didn't have plans for the day. We went up to Galley Hill, a hilltop parking lot with a cliff edge overlooking the beach with a great view of the sea. We're chilling out when suddenly this guy starts shouting. We look and he's standing near the cliff edge with a knife held to his neck! WTF?! :wtf: He's shouting a cop who is trying to talk him down. Now jumping off this cliff would probably hurt you pretty bad but you most likely wouldn't die. There's much higher cliffs in the area that are known for suicide. And if he was going to jump, why bring a knife? :dunno: So anyway, the guy ends up charging the cop who walks past our car and when I saw him at the back he was aiming his pepper spray at the guy (cops here don't carry firearms). Next thing I see is the guy bleeding profusely from his neck, staggering on my side of the car toward the cliff edge again! The knife flies out of his hand. The cop is spraying him then ends up tackling him about 6 feet from the edge. Another cop comes and trieds to help restrain him and he's still fighting. Another cop showed up soon after and that's when I noticed the poor first cop had gotten the pepper spray in his own eyes as it was f-ing windy up there. I looked back and the rear window of our rental car had blood splattered on it. I got out once the guy was subdued to look and it was all over the back end of the hatchback! By this time, there's cops everywhere plus an ambulance. We talked to the cops about what we had seen then headed out once they had him in the ambulance. As we're driving thru town to get to a car dealership where a friend works and offered to clean the car, we're stuck in traffic and the cops and the ambulance pass us on the way to the hospital. Later that evening, we get a call from the cops that they need us to come down to the station and give official statements. So our first night in the UK was spent at the police station for 2 hours. Cool thing is they said they might need us if it goes to court (which probably will only happen if the guy dies) so they would fly us back to testify. OK!:D

And that, my friends, is the excitement in Bexhill for the next 20 years!;)

Shoulda let the fugger cut his throat and fall to his death. Just my 2 cents.

Not to mention how fucking gay that country is with their firearms rules.

No kiddin' - they're afraid of pictures of guns. And think we're a bunch of retarded cowboys running around with six shooters at our side, blowing each otehr away at every opportunity.