OCD about my LCD

mrmako777

So I picked up a new lg 32lh40 on wed from hhgregg. I get this thing home and open it up to find the bezel (the outside part around the screen itself) has a bunch of fine scratches on it. It appears as tho the base had been moving around in the box and scuffed it up a bit, either that or it came that way from the factory. I'm really anal about stuff like this so I contemplated taking it back but no hhgregg in cincinnati has anymore. I guess ill just have to be content with tryin to fix it myself. Does anyone have any tips as to how to buff the scratches out? the tv is super nice, but the scratches are bothering me. Any help would be appreciated

According to their website, all exchanges must be made within 14 days.

I would call the store from which you bought, speak to someone in charge, and ask them to reserve the next LG 32 that comes in for you, and have them call you when it comes in.

When it's in, take yours in, examine the replacement; if it meets your approval, swap 'em, take the new one home and call it done.

As to buffing out the current one, some 600+ grit on a buffing wheel might work. BUT, once you've gone the "fix it myself" route, you won't be able to return it. Maybe try on the back of it first?

I just bought a Toshiba from Tiger Direct and when it came out of the box, it had the thin cling on plastic film on the bezel to protect it during shipping. What I am saying is that most mfgs. will protect their product to the fullest extent to avoid this stuff. HH Gregg is notorious for in store repackaging. It may have been returned, and once that film is pulled off, you cant put it back on. Take it back, you just made an investment in something that should last you 10 years, and every time you look at it, you wont like it.

First off...I work there and we don't repack any TVs at all...hence the reason why my store has the outlet center for the entire region...second is that you don't have to have an excuse to exchange it at all, bring it back in and get a different one...or come see me for a better deal on a different tv

First off...I work there and we don't repack any TVs at all...hence the reason why my store has the outlet center for the entire region...second is that you don't have to have an excuse to exchange it at all, bring it back in and get a different one...or come see me for a better deal on a different tv

Can you hook me up with a good deal on a 58 inch Panasonic plasma? I really want that thing

Haha thanks chris! What tv would you say is comparable to the lg? The guy wanted to sell me a bravia but it didn't have near as many features

plasma- deeper/ better black levels and greater viewing angles. my lcd and most i have seen have motion blur worse than plasmas. if you go lcd you have to go 240hz. a 60 or 120 hz lcd cant even compare to a plasma. if you go 240 hz its a coin toss, but i prefer plasma. check out the pioneer kuro plasma. its fucking siick!. a class of its own. now lcd led its siick.... but they need to get the bugs worked out. plus a 50 " plasma or lcd compared to a 50" led is half the price.

plasma- deeper/ better black levels and greater viewing angles. my lcd and most i have seen have motion blur worse than plasmas. if you go lcd you have to go 240hz. a 60 or 120 hz lcd cant even compare to a plasma. if you go 240 hz its a coin toss, but i prefer plasma. check out the pioneer kuro plasma. its fucking siick!. a class of its own. now lcd led its siick.... but they need to get the bugs worked out. plus a 50 " plasma or lcd compared to a 50" led is half the price.

Pioneer Kuro/Pioneer Elite are probably the most amazing tvs you will ever see. Too bad they got out of the tv business.

Bullshit you dont.

I bought a $2600 Plasma there three years ago....Right out of the box it hummed so loud at low volumes it disturbed the sound to the point it was not enjoyable or possibble to live with. I had also purchased a 5 year warranty with the TV.

I had the TV one maybe two days when I noticed this and called the store to explain how the TV was defective and I needed to exchange it.I researched the model and found it to be a common problem on some sets of this model.

They flat out told me no, told me we needed to make a service call for repair.....On a Brand NEW TV. I told them I didnt think so....They didn't agree.

Long and short is I spent quite some time on the phone with them arguing over the next day about it, they kept telling me I would have to schedule service....I finally told them I refuse to schedule and repairs on a new TV I would see them in 15 minutes.....I dont think they beleived me.....Until I got to the store.

Boxed the TV up and Back it went.

I made a nice little scene in the store....got my a replacement aftera couple of hours of BS....and told the manager to fuck off. HAvent bought from them since.....and I bought a LOT there.

Doesnt mean I wont buy from them again....just havent, and now I know exactly how their stores deal with stuff.....so I am better prepared because of the last situation.

SO that 14 day BS can go take a flying leap....Its always up to the manager of the store....I guess when I called corporate while standing in the middle of their store at the service deask, with the TV at my feet, and the customers watching....It got business taken care of.

SOmetimes stores are soo foolish in how they handle situations.

How many people do you think I have told this story to over the last three years.....a Lot.

Edited by MattKatz

Bullshit you dont.

I bought a $2600 Plasma there three years ago....Right out of the box it hummed so loud at low volumes iut disturbed the sound to the point it was not enjoyable or possibble to live with. I had also purchased a 5 year warranty. I had the TV one maybe two days when I noticed this and called the store to explain how the TV was defective and I needed to exchange it. THat flat out told me no, told me we needed to make a service call for repair.....On a Brand NEW TV. I told them I didnt think so....They didn't agree.

Long and short is I spent quite some time on the phone with them arguing over the next day about it, they kept telling me I would have to schedule service....I finally told them I would see them in 15 minutes.....

I made a nice little scene in the store....got my a replacement....and told the manager to fuck off. HAvent bought from them since.....and I bought a LOT there.

SO that 14 day BS can go take a flying leap....Its always up to the manager of the store....I guess when I called corporate while standing in the middle of their store at the service deask, with the TV at my feet, and the customers watching....It got business taken care of.

How many people do you think I have told this story to over the last three years.....a Lot.

:popcorn:

Bullshit you dont.

I bought a $2600 Plasma there three years ago....Right out of the box it hummed so loud at low volumes iut disturbed the sound to the point it was not enjoyable or possibble to live with. I had also purchased a 5 year warranty. I had the TV one maybe two days when I noticed this and called the store to explain how the TV was defective and I needed to exchange it. THat flat out told me no, told me we needed to make a service call for repair.....On a Brand NEW TV. I told them I didnt think so....They didn't agree.

Long and short is I spent quite some time on the phone with them arguing over the next day about it, they kept telling me I would have to schedule service....I finally told them I would see them in 15 minutes.....

I made a nice little scene in the store....got my a replacement....and told the manager to fuck off. HAvent bought from them since.....and I bought a LOT there.

i hear hhgregg is horrible with customer service. i will only make big purchases from best buy for that reason. i hear it from many many people myself. best buy is the only way to go in my opinion.

If we're gonna bash HHgregg, I didn't have a great experience there either...They certainly aren't the cheapest and their "sales" are by no means sales....

My grandmother bought a tv and about a week later they were running a sale on all tvs so I went to look. I found the exact tv she bought and it was the same price as what she paid. I inquired and they said there's no way she bought it for that price...I did a bit of research and they had actually marked the price of the tv up a couple hundred then put a so many percent discount on it to bring it back down to the same price. The sales associates and manager said some overly rude things to me for researching in store about prices and pulling the "sale" tags out to see what the previous prices were.

I will not shop HHgregg again, it was not good customer service or good prices.

well so far theyve been giving me the run-around telling me they dont have them in stock, try another store. so i call the other store and they say they cant return it because i didnt buy it from them, i have to return it to the store i bought it from. he tells me the one i bought it from shows they have 31 but yet they say they dont have any. this may be my last hhgregg purchase. i dont understand why this shit has to be so difficult :mad:

well so far theyve been giving me the run-around telling me they dont have them in stock, try another store. so i call the other store and they say they cant return it because i didnt buy it from them, i have to return it to the store i bought it from. he tells me the one i bought it from shows they have 31 but yet they say they dont have any. this may be my last hhgregg purchase. i dont understand why this shit has to be so difficult :mad:

id go in person to the store i bought it from and get my monies bacl. then stp at best buy