plasma/lcd calibration

that dude

anyone do it. anyone have it done. does it make that big of a difference. i think best buy wanted like 400 per tv. thats 1200. yeahh umm im gonna pass.

$400?!? :eek: What a bunch of a$$hats!! :mad:

You just need to readjust your factory settings. Do a google search or go to avsforum.com and look to see if they have threads on your specific model.

Exactly what I did. Mine was here:

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?p=16547768#post16547768

The setting are absolutely perfect. Tried on different movies and games, perfect colors and very deep blacks. A lot of people think it looks dark (when the room lights are on) but they don't realize how cranked up the settings usually are in the store. That WOW factor doesn't mean good picture, but I digress...

Exactly what I did. Mine was here:

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?p=16547768#post16547768

The setting are absolutely perfect. Tried on different movies and games, perfect colors and very deep blacks. A lot of people think it looks dark (when the room lights are on) but they don't realize how cranked up the settings usually are in the store. That WOW factor doesn't mean good picture, but I digress...

That site makes my head hurt trying to find info... Any link for LG LCD settings?

+1...type in your model # in the search. something will come up. i spent about an hr for a few of my tvs and 1000 different opinions. many of them and way way to dark for me.

lcd's are way too dark for me, if you crank up the brightness to much, it washes out your color.

+1...type in your model # in the search. something will come up. i spent about an hr for a few of my tvs and 1000 different opinions. many of them and way way to dark for me.

Depends on your room. Professional setting for true colors are calibrated to work in a completely dark room. If you've got lots of ambient lighting or windows it won't look as good. Just take their settings and tweak them until you're happy.

oh and

makes a world of difference on LCD, not so much on plasma...

:bs:

i have this DVD thing for "calibrating" TV's. i'm sure you could very easily download one if you wanted.

if someone wants, they can borrow it. just bring it (or mail it) back when you're done

i have this DVD thing for "calibrating" TV's. i'm sure you could very easily download one if you wanted.

if someone wants, they can borrow it. just bring it (or mail it) back when you're done

glad someone else has done that. seriously, there's DVD's (maybe blu-rays?) out that basically show you repeating scenes with, say someone in a white shirt and you adjust the contrast until you can see the maximum detail in the white. black suit adjust brightness, colors, etc. usually darker than ppl are used to, but you miss a lot of detail with the store-style "vivid" settings.

You can only do so much within the user settings. The 400.00 that best buy charges should be lot more involved using the service menu and a colorimeter to make sure your colors are really to spec. Also if you don't know what you are doing you shouldn't be in the service menu, you can really screw your TV up. It's one of those things if you're really into AV it's worth it otherwise it's a waste of money.