who wants in? CCW class

Hoblick

honestly i could care less about the range time.. i mean im sure i could learn some stuff, but id rather know the ins and outs of the law for conceal carry, what to do what not to do in certain instances, places i can and cant go, etc etc.. so 12 hours for the class is no biggie for me

I'm with you on that. What your saying is not listed in what Chevysoldier posted though it has to be covered.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I would love to go, but I do not own a hand gun. I have been wanting to get this ever since I lived in Florida, but never did. I'm ticked!!!

so borrow one. i may be able to get you one to use for the day, either one of mine, or a friends. youd have to supply the ammo

honestly i could care less about the range time.. i mean im sure i could learn some stuff, but id rather know the ins and outs of the law for conceal carry, what to do what not to do in certain instances, places i can and cant go, etc etc.. so 12 hours for the class is no biggie for me

I just feel 2 hours of range time isn't enough to put whhat you learned to good use. Maybe something like class time, range, class range to break it up a little. But no matter what, you need to keep up on your skills after the class and go shoot. Regardless of what we feel should be taught, the law says what it says. People who (think?) they know better have put the law there whether they shoot or not. Just saying thats how it is. I think a lot of instructors are also willing to let people shoot more that 2 hours, some classes Ive seen are 14 or so hours....

The range time is just so the instructor can see that you know gun safety and can hit a target. Very basic stuff, nothing tactical.

we actually did tactical stuff....... just saying. like firing from behind cover and moving and shooting also

we actually did tactical stuff....... just saying. like firing from behind cover and moving and shooting also

Thats how it should be. If you CC and you need to shoot, the bad guy isn't gonna sit there with a target on his chest. You can study on paper all you want but that doesn't mean anything compared to live fire time. But rules is rules I guess.

this is an UPDATE so everyone read this if you dont know already..

the class is

Sunday December 13th from 8a.m. to 8p.m.

if you want to attend it is $50 for the class.

a $25 non refundable deposit must be given to me by sunday the 6th so i can mail him the full deposit for all attending.

the class is limited to 20 people, so the first 20 to speak up AND pay there deposit get the spots

What you need for the class:

a pistol.. doesnt matter what caliber it is.

50 rounds of ammo.

eye and ear protection

Edited by Hoblick

i composed a list as of now...

The list is as follows, and i will update accordingly. these are people i know are 100% interested and want to attend. if you asked about it and are not on the list, just please post again stating you are infact definately wanting to attend. I will need your $25 non refundable deposit by sunday december 6th. Ill take cash in person or Paypal (you cover the % for the transfer) for payment, PM me for a time to meet up, or my paypal address.

CR = columbus racing member

OR = ohio riders member

P = Paid deposit

1. My self (P)

2. FormulaMatt (CR)(P)

3. Jordan (one of my friends from work)(P)

4. Ben/He Hate MEe (CR)

5. Z28Zach (CR)

6. Z28Zach's friend

7. OH8STI (CR)

8. OH8STI's Friend (CR)

9. Jagr (OR)

NEW UPDATED LIST>>>

OR = ohio riders member

P = Paid deposit

1. My self (P)

2. FormulaMatt (CR)(P)

4. Ben/He Hate MEe (CR)

5. Z28Zach (CR)

6. Z28Zach's friend

7. OH8STI (CR)

8. OH8STI's Friend (CR)

9. OH8STI's Dad(CR)

10. Jagr (OR)

11. 1Fast5gp (CR)

12. AngryBMW (CR)

13. Justalilow (CR)

NEW UPDATED LIST 2>>>

OR = ohio riders member

P = Paid deposit

1. My self (P)

2. FormulaMatt (CR)(P)

4. Ben/He Hate MEe (CR)

5. Z28Zach (CR)

6. Z28Zach's friend

7. OH8STI (CR)

8. OH8STI's Friend (CR)

9. OH8STI's Dad(CR)

10. Jagr (OR)

11. 1Fast5gp (CR)

12. AngryBMW (CR)

13. Justalilow (CR)

14. Hwilli (CR)

lmao. I know mang, im really broke right now tho. Sucks not having monies right before the holidays. I wouldnt have a problem getting one to use for the class. Just gonna wait till i own one. Im happy with the 12ga for home defense as of now. The sidearm will come soon enough