Mad Kaw Build....

NeverEnough

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Man, that is a s**t ton of work......... glad you are doing it and not me. You trying to make the bike look like copper metal or just a good copper color? Just curious........... did think of one thing........ you wreck that thing(god forbid) and you'll have anyone within 20 yards gettn injured by shrappnel. LOL

haha yeah I keep seeming to be making more and more work for myself! Not sure on the color, i dont think metal copper color. And why do you say that about the shrapnel? This tail/subframe is ultra tough and by far better than that factor one made out of bent flat stock.

ehh F the people within 20 yards. they shouldnt be rubber necking anyway. the tail came out alot better then i pictured it with the construction paper. so now with the clay tail done. are you gonna glass/paint it over before the newyear?

haha I feel I did a good job if people rubberneck over my bike! And yep yep about the tail here comes an update....

Edited by NeverEnough

The fiberglassed tail turned out pretty perfect. I popped off the glass, peeled off the clay and then popped the glass back on.

Just will have to do some sanding and VERY minimal bondo, everything looks like it will turn out pretty perfect and flush when it is all said and done. :D

16940131219761103414134.jpgw604.png

And..

tailfibe.pngw604.png

Was funny when my dad made a comment about the tail... he said something along the lines of "you are putting in so much extra work just for it to look like it was originally made like that, when you could have so easily just slapped a piece of flat steel to the back of seat and bolted any ol tail light flat to it and called that custom" :cool: hahaha!

i just think i need to see it on the bike. looks like a good job but i cant really tell what kind of angle it will have. its getting colder and colder how many more long days you plan on putting in with this crazy cold setting in

Well my winter break is over, and it is back to work....brought up about 3/4th the parts back to my apartment to finish 'em up. Then gonna truck 'em back home and assemble the bike at my parents.

just kiddn about the extra glass work......... keep pluggn away at it. interested to see what the thing ends up lookn like

lol thanks man......

Well I am just searching ebay and forums 24/7 trying to find the parts to finish up the front end of my motorcycle- I can find the parts, but just not for prices that I can afford.

In the meantime I'm just laying bondo and sanding- here is the tank, it is almost done, then got to do the tail, not much to do to the tail....

16940132119207589014134.jpg w604.png

haha yeah man if I had some more money it would not be a problem finishing this bike in a timely fashion, but since I don't exactly have much cash I have to hunt ebay and forums for goodsteals, err I mean gooddeals.

Almost bought the front wheel, tire, and rotors that I need yesterday but the darn seller would not return my question about the condition of my tire.... The stupid front wheel is really pissing me off, it seems like that will be the most expensive part of this whole build. I'm limited to an 06-09 gsxr 600/750 front wheel and dang it seems like they never sell for less than 170 for just the rim!

Yeah Optimo, I can get tires cheap that's no problem, it's the darn rim and rotors that are so pricey for the forks I have.

-----------------------------------------

Ok so I know you guys love pics...

I apologize for the crappy quality, I took the pics off of pics on my laptop screen, it wouldn't let me copy and paste the pics for some reason, wrong format or something idk, I'll have good pics when they actually get here.

So here is what I have bought-

Just bought this 06 gsxr 1000 front and rim and rotors off ebay a couple mins ago!

16940132223894206114134.jpg w604.png

Calipers and lines and pads

16940132224922231814134.jpg w604.png

GPZ900 triple, that I bought just for the stem that presses out.

16940132224510221514134.jpg w604.png

eh.... yeah, I just figured since I will be taking good REAL pictures of the parts once I get them I would just post those cheapy ones.... we'll see if I am feeling motivated to do that work while ATwork to post up nicer pics! haha!

EDIT- Zach made me feel like a lazy bum.

PICS.

gsxrrim1000.png

gsxrcalipers750.png

gpz900trip.png

Edited by NeverEnough