Mad Kaw Build....

NeverEnough

you could eliminate those breather covers on the valve cover. Get some flat carbon sheet and cut our blockoffs. It will save a few ounce, look cool and get rid of some of the clutter on the engine

Did the same thing on my old GPZ. You don't really need them, and it really cleans up the top of the motor.

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wooooo!!! Taking the bike to my parents house for my 2weeks of winter vacation, ON FRIDAY!!!!! Will be welding up a subframe, doing work to the seat/making tail piece, and then fitting in my rear swingarm and getting the rear end FINISHED. WHOAA YES. Front end is another story, I have the USDs that I bought but I still need the top triple, and some wheels and brakes...bleh. Will also be doing more tank work.

Wow, thanks man, that is much appreciated. "Really different and unique" is EXACTLY what I am going for! And yeahhhhh none of that "chrome" on here....

It is pretty cool what an imagination, hand/power tools, and 19yearold ingenuity coupled with a living room apartment can yield!

There is SO MUCH left to be done though... and so many one off little parts to be done to this bike, shewww. What you see now is basically a rough sketch of the final product.

So I got my bike and all the parts home at my parents garage... Did quite a few hours of work on it today, along with getting the garage and whatnot a bit setup for the work to be done to the bike.

Got the swingarm, shock and dogbones, rear brake, EVERYTHING all perfectly lined up. Had to do some cutting, shaving and drilling, but I got it all to work!

Also did a bunch of sanding and shaping to the tank...gonna throw it up on the chassis tomorrow morning and see if I am happy with it, if so than the glassing begins!

For sure tomorrow will be making the new rear subframe....Then painting it.

Once that is done, gonna see about glassing the tank.

WOOoooooooooooooooooo YES!

Here is how it started...

sany0762sss.jpg

Yours truly-aka DARTH VADER, BITCHES! Oh, andand the start of the subframe-

sany0770uuuu.jpgw816.png

Subframe done!

sany0772uuuu.jpgw816.png

Mocked up the electrical, it will ALL fit under/go under the seat.

sany0774uuuuu.jpgw816.png

Tacked in the "undertail", also notice my little red box of a friend

sany0779uuu.jpgw653.png

Just part of the process, very rough yet...

sany0780uuu.jpgw653.png

And my parting shot as I left the garage at 1 something in the morning

(please don't mind the TOTAL MESS of a garage, we are in the process of moving the whole thing around, oh and the mud sign.....yeah it was a garage where we built offroad jeeps)

sany0787uuu.jpgw653.png

(also in that shot I did a TON more work the "tail" but you can't really tell other than it isn't as high as the last pic hahah)

AWESOME AWESOME DAY IN THE GARAGE!

Taught myself/learned a shit ton about sheetmetal working, and welding THIN metal...

It isn't PERFECT PRETTY right now, but it will be once I get a grinder and a file to it, and then smooth it all over with BONDO WANDO!:D

Now to go grab some food and go to bed, to get up early and go at it again!

WOoooooooooooooooooOo0o0ooo! I think this is the best winter break EVER, and I havent gone to a single party! hahaha!

you are making some real progress

Thanks man, it feels great to be making such progress!

so now just finish the tail and wiring the electronics should take the rest of the week up huh?

Oh I got lots more to do...

Finish the tail

START and finish fiberglassing the tank.

Maybe even fiberglassing a tail.

Mount up the rear brakes-----ALMOST done.

Clean up swingarm and paint it.

Clean up the frame and paint it.

Finish the rear suspension(just came in from doing that now, had to make metal and POLY spacers, just gotta bolt it together now)

Clean up/redo and mount all the electrical and wrap it all up nicely.

Finish polishing the aluminum pieces--laaaaame BLEH.

And if that all gets done in time, I will begin checking out the USD front forks I got....

WHAA-TISHHH!! (thats the whip snapping to get back to work!) Lunch is over hahaha

Hey man! Awesome project. Love what you're doin' with the bike.

You're definitely making some serious progress on that thing.

I'm in the Greater Cleveland area and wondered if you might be willing to swing by my place sometime and take a look at my dirt project I'm trying to get back to working condition and lend some of your mechanically-inclined advice and expertise?!

Let me know if you'd be interested or if you even might have the time between your own project and paying the rent haha.

-Jayson

jaysonlesyk@yahoo.com

Sure sure man! I'll send ya some PMs, or go ahead and PM me incase I forget lol... I'll be back in Cleveland Jan 4th....

Sounds good my friend. Ya, you can check out the thread that has my project in it: http://www.ohio-riders.com/showthread.php?t=39756

Appreciate the help in advance!

Thanks guys! I am loving this project!

And now..........

HELLZZ FAWKING YEAAHH!!!!

I just bought this!!

YouTube'>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e368R4ttjCE"]YouTube- Honda CBR 600RR CBR1000RR Sequential Signal Integrated LED Tail Lights Smoked

I fell in LOVE with this light the moment I saw it!

FIRSTLY- inbetween the subframe on my bike is 7 1/2" and these are 6 7/8" PERFECT FIT!!

SECONDLY- I was looking for a tail light that had an upward curve to it- SCORE!

THIRDLY- I wanted a smoked tail light- SCORE!!!!

FOURTHLY- I wanted integrated turn signals- SCORE!!!!

FIFTHLY- It is TOTALLY KILLER looking light design/look!

OMG SO HAPPY, I spent HOURS trying to decide on a tail light! Found this and knew it was perfect.

that is an awesome taillight! I was going to put the same one on my 600rr until I found the ridiculous deal on my integrated at a local shop. I can't wait to see the finished product, its coming along amazing. If I had any ounce of ability or creativity I would offer a helping hand

keep it up :cheers:

Will do sir!

Great write up, and build. I have a spare cbr 1000rr stock pipe if you want it to play with? I also have a set of old kat 600 pipes if you want them also. Nice choice on the welder LOL I see about 200 of those a day on the shipping docks, along with pallets of wire!

Haha thanks man! Is the 1000rr pipe the underseat one? If so I MIGHT be interested, but I really haven't figured out yet what I am doing with an exhaust I have to see the final lines of the tail and tank and what will flow with 'em.... And I love that lil welder, does everything I need it to do!:D

that is an awesome taillight! I was going to put the same one on my 600rr until I found the ridiculous deal on my integrated at a local shop. I can't wait to see the finished product, its coming along amazing. If I had any ounce of ability or creativity I would offer a helping hand

Yeah dude I spent HOURS and HOURS on ebay trying to find one that would work perfect for my bike and look PIMPIN, saw this one and knew it was it, ebay was 54bucks for it-not too bad IMO... And hey you're more than welcome to come over sometime and check it out, and I'm sure you can operate a piece of sandpaper;):p:D