Deer Season

owndjoo

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Sat I saw 2 Does, 6 Bucks and none of them would get within bow range. Shoulda taken the gun and would be having venison right now. All of them stayed around 45-60 yards away and just stood looking at me giving me the middle finger. Gun woulda been wasy.

I had two does jog past my treestand but they were small i let them go. Then a buck comes walking back up their trail. He walked in to about 20 feet from my stand. He was about a 3 point. Like a spiked buck but about 4" curly spikes on each side but one was split at the top. ABout the size of a big finger. He stood broad side for a while then smelled something and took off. It was a blast watching him. Hopefully he'll grow into something next year.

Sat I saw 2 Does, 6 Bucks and none of them would get within bow range. Shoulda taken the gun and would be having venison right now. All of them stayed around 45-60 yards away and just stood looking at me giving me the middle finger. Gun woulda been wasy.

That's the same problem I have been having I only went out with a gun twice this year. I have killed with a gun beore and I have been hunting for three years with a bow and yet to get a bow kill. It's pissing me off!!!

That's the same problem I have been having I only went out with a gun twice this year. I have killed with a gun beore and I have been hunting for three years with a bow and yet to get a bow kill. It's pissing me off!!!

I got a xbow but never had a buck close enough to shoot. no patience here. plus I feel bad when they don't die right away, every year we have someone come ask us if they can track a deer on our property because they shot a deer w/bow and it didn't drop right away.

I got a xbow but never had a buck close enough to shoot. no patience here. plus I feel bad when they don't die right away, every year we have someone come ask us if they can track a deer on our property because they shot a deer w/bow and it didn't drop right away.

the main thing there is being able to shoot you bow accurately, i refuse to hunt if i havent shot the bow in over two weeks or so. partly because if i actually get one close enough i dont want to miss but mostly for the deer sake. i couldnt let myself shoot one in the leg.

I just went and picked out all my accessories for my new bow today. Hopefully the bow will arrive this week. Jesus thats all I need is another expensive ass hobby. I cant believe how much coin a complete setup costs

Although, the new bow is FUCKING SWEET... and shoots like a dream. Its quiet, no handshock, and stays put when you release. I think I wil be really happy with it. For anyone that is in columbus and shoots bow, we shoot get together and go down to Mt Stearling to the free range and do some shooting. Ive been there a few times now.

Edited by flounder

the main thing there is being able to shoot you bow accurately,

thats cool. i know bow hunting is something you gotta practice year-round.

heres the 7pt buck....dropped it off to be butchered/processed tonight. Backstrap steaks, jerky, summer sausage, deerburger :popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn:

10957_251342747387_587172387_4439604_5465563_n.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

you're an evil bastard Isaac. my girlfriend got one too the next day, ~110 pounds at 80-90 yards. it was walking on the edge of a steep 15-foot ravine and fell in on impact and ran down the snow-filled creekbed about 30 yards. guess who got to drag that out and up the rest of the 1/4-mile out the woods through 21" of snow... lol!