Glock blows up---again

Gump

There's going to be issues with every gun, in every caliber... six sigma, even if you shoot for perfect you still have a tolerance for failure, with the shear volume of firearms glock has out there this is GOING to happen... if the guns were all metal you'd STILL have some issues somewhere.

The cop is lucky the failure was contained where it was, if you've ever seen catastrophic failures it can be MUCH worse.

wow!

A friend swears Glocks are junk and evertime a Glock blows up Glock goes to extremes to blame it on something else. Which any good company lawyer would do.

Eh? who knows. I'll never buy one, just because I don't like the looks of them.

Edited by Gump

Dang.....Not sure where you got the information that they give you the spent shells. I have purchased 4 new glocks and never received spent shells with them. Now none within the last 5 years. Is it something new?????

Check under the foam.... I BELIEVE it's a federal requirement....

my SW 22A came with one and it was >5 years ago

There was no foam in the cases. they were the tupperware kind with a post for the trigger guard. Looked in my tarus cases nothing under the foam in them. Looked in my smith boxes nothing under the foam.....Hmmmmmm, I haven't bought a new firearm in a long time......I wonder if it is something new.

There was no foam in the cases. they were the tupperware kind with a post for the trigger guard. Looked in my tarus cases nothing under the foam in them. Looked in my smith boxes nothing under the foam.....Hmmmmmm, I haven't bought a new firearm in a long time......I wonder if it is something new.

Yah, you're only required to provide it on new purchases I believe.... I don't know for real.

Wheezle has the test fire for the SW, I left it in the case with the gun, here's a picture of the little envelope it comes in.

picture.php?albumid=611&pictureid=6307

I'm betting that 99% of all the Glock failures are due to improperly reloaded ammo. Certainly, it does not help that the Glock has an "unsecured chamber" that can cause catastrophic failure in instances of overloading.

With that being said, ANY firearm regardless of material can explode like that if they shoot overloaded ammo. Reloading should be taken VERY seriously.

Still, Glocks are good guns and one of the "most imitated" firearms in the entire industry. Imitation is the highest form of flattery.

I'm intrigued by this video. It looks as if the AK was double firing rounds prior to catastrophic failure. A VERY dirty gummed up trigger group can cause this. Still...not sure how the AK would blow up unless the ammo was overloaded or a weak round lodged in the barrel (and the next fired round striking it inside the barrel). Crazy to say the least. Bottom line, that looked scary as hell and glad you are okay! :eek:

Edit: BTW...what brand of AK was it if you don't mind me asking. Perhaps it was a US made B-West model?

Never had a problem with my Glock. My POS AK-47 did this twice to me.