Automotive help

Goldie

My wife's 99 Camry is leaking coolant from somewhere and I need to have it checked. Since I am out of work I don't think it would be in my best interest to take it to a dealership.

Does anyone have any recommendations for mechanics in the Dublin area. Or does anyone here specialize in cooling systems, or just general auto tech. Any help is appreciated. Thanks guys and gals

Drew

The most common things to leak on a Camry are water pump, or radiator. Our shop knows Camry's pretty well, but we're about 45 or minutes away from you.

I have a friend that works for a Firestone somewhere out your wany, I'll see if I can find out for sure which one, if that would work out better for you.

Advance auto parts, rent a system pressure tester, place on rad in place of cap, pump up, note loss of pressure (if any) and look for leaks while cars Cole and not running. Best way to check water pump weep hole. Kinda tough to do when the cars hot and running.

I think it might be a hose, because when I actually look at the radiator I don't see any leakage. I thought it might be the reservoir leaking, but that was just fine.

Unfortunately I don't have a lift to see under the vehicle. The member Clifford Automotive, does anyone know if he does auto work, or is he like a dealer or something?

Thanks for the replies so far

Bump for the 4:30 crowd. If there is one.

I guess I should also add, I'm not looking for a handout, I just don't want to go to a bad shop, and I don't want to be ripped by the dealership. If anyone from here could do the work, they would definitely be paid.

its prob the water pump then. If it were a hose with a hole in it then it would prob drip even when off. Is it leaking toward the front of the car or near a wheel?

It's leaking toward the front of the vehicle, and actually by the front right wheel. Sounds like it might be a water pump then.

some people are truly amazing. if you need a handy man bmw guy im your guy

Dude I can't even afford to take my car to a dealership. I'm no mathematician, but I would be willing to bet an 8 ball and a whore for mouth fucking is probably more than the cost of the mechanic. Thanks for the offer though.

Reading this post again cracks me up.

Edited by Goldie

just so u know water pumps will piss you off! Dont get a re-maned one get new! I can also get a killer deal on parts,but i'd have to ship it lol. I just did a water pump on the RV and it took about a day and a half. Not sure what all u got to take off on the yota,but i bet there is a ton of stuff in the way. Good luck!