new chain and sprockets!

vw151

My old chain had stretched so much I could no longer tighten it. I decided to go to a 520 DID ERV3 chain and 520 sprockets.

got a drilled Afam 15 tooth front and 43 tooth ferraci sprocket to go on the ferraci quick change carrier. I was not going to go with a quick change but the carrier was on ebay used for $40. They are usually $200.

stock gearing is 15/41, I was at 14/41, now I'm going to 15/43. 14/41 was just a tad short so this might be just right. We'll see anyway.

Clean eccentric!

IMG_0685.jpg

IMG_0686.jpg

IMG_0692.jpg

IMG_0694.jpg

IMG_0696.jpg

IMG_0697.jpg

Good stuff!

A little word to the wise' date=' though. If you didn't put some loctite on those fasteners you may want to. I put an AFAM quick change setup on the 748 and torqued the machine screws to specs in the instructions. On my way back from Deal's Gap I realized all but one of the screws were gone and the last one was only half way in. They had worked loose over time. I was lucky enough to be able to use the screws from my passenger rear sets to secure the sprocket.

That could have ended badly.[/quote']

I bought the carrier used and the fasteners were already full of loctite. I reapplied some new stuff. I figured since they were drive line it would be a good idea. That would have been scary if you didn't notice that last one.

i have seen this sprocket carrier mod in mass mass bike mags! Good work! Nothing like the feeling of new teeth and new chain!

yah, I was gonna go with standard sprockets but for $40 for a $200 carrier, I couldn't pass it up.