Kawasaki pulls out of DMG offically

BornSinner

Thus just in:

KAWASAKI MOTORS CORP., U.S.A. SUSPENDS ROAD RACING FOR 2010 SEASON

IRVINE, Calif. (Dec. 18, 2009) ? Kawasaki Motors Corp., U.S.A. announced the company will not participate in the AMA Pro Racing road racing series in 2010.

"While we've always considered road racing an integral part of our sportbike development process, the realities of the current economic situation dictate the temporary suspension of our U.S. road racing activities," said Bruce Stjernstrom, marketing director.

Kawasaki's long history of successful road racing includes 20 AMA series championships. Among the many champions who have worn the Kawasaki lime green racing leathers are Reg Pridmore, Eddie Lawson, Wayne Rainey, Miguel Duhamel, Scott Russell, Doug Chandler, Eric Bostrom and more recently Tommy Hayden and Roger Hayden.

"We expect to see eventual improvements in the general economic condition and Kawasaki will reevaluate its road racing position as we monitor those issues," said Stjernstrom.

Fucking DMG retards....running the AMA into the ground

Thus just in:

KAWASAKI MOTORS CORP., U.S.A. SUSPENDS ROAD RACING FOR 2010 SEASON

IRVINE, Calif. (Dec. 18, 2009) ? Kawasaki Motors Corp., U.S.A. announced the company will not participate in the AMA Pro Racing road racing series in 2010.

"While we've always considered road racing an integral part of our sportbike development process, the realities of the current economic situation dictate the temporary suspension of our U.S. road racing activities," said Bruce Stjernstrom, marketing director.

Kawasaki's long history of successful road racing includes 20 AMA series championships. Among the many champions who have worn the Kawasaki lime green racing leathers are Reg Pridmore, Eddie Lawson, Wayne Rainey, Miguel Duhamel, Scott Russell, Doug Chandler, Eric Bostrom and more recently Tommy Hayden and Roger Hayden.

"We expect to see eventual improvements in the general economic condition and Kawasaki will reevaluate its road racing position as we monitor those issues," said Stjernstrom.

Fucking DMG retards....running the AMA into the ground

I fail to see why this is DMG's fault. Twice in the release they refer to the "current economic situation".

Was it Dorna's fault that they pulled out of MotoGP? No.

Kawasaki doesnt have the coin to go roadracing as a full on factory team anywhere, let alone the US.

I fail to see why this is DMG's fault. Twice in the release they refer to the "current economic situation".

Kawasaki doesnt have the coin to go roadracing as a full on factory team anywhere, let alone the US.

Im still sore about the DMG taken over the AMA.....:lol:

As a guy whos has had the pleasure of working with both the factory road race team and Attack Kawasaki, I can say that this is not all to blame on DMG. The classes did not meet their expectations. 2009 was a totally different year than years past. The crews didnt have the drive they had in the past, the buell really ticked some people off.

At the end of the day, when you develop a superbike you have millions of dollars invested into the program between parts development, rider salaries, flying your crew to every test., race. The money goes quick. So take all that hard work you just spent developing your bikes. 2009 arives with new owners and new classes where you cant race what youve sank a million dollars into, so your bikes sit on a shelf in a warehouse in Hunington beach. Trust me blows like this take their toll on ANY manufacturer.

New bike sales are way far down, No new models to show this year. KHI (kawasaki heavy industries) could never build another motorcycle and still be the billion dollar company it is. You wouldnt belive all the shit they make from bridges to planes, trains you name it. The japan markets are tanking just as ours is, this has a great effect on things like racing. Why spend Millions in a poor preforming series and economy?

The bottom line is they WILL be back. Trust me on this. In the end DMG has done some beyond stupid things to take alot of incentive away from teams and owners. But the economy Is affecting EVERYONE.

Thats is so not true...The motorcycle division, is one very very small part of Kawasaki, they could run at any level, its just not the important to them. If you actually paid attention, you would see that Kawasaki is putting more money into WSBK for this coming season then they ever have. They have also contracted a better rider than they have in the last 15 to 20 years (Scott Russel being the last elite level rider for Kawasaki). Kawasaki's press release is a lesson in political correctness...yes the economy is down for the industry as a whole, but DMG has more to do with Kawasaki, Honda, and to a lesser degree Suzuki pulling or limiting support than anything else.

Thats is so not true...The motorcycle division, is one very very small part of Kawasaki, they could run at any level, its just not the important to them. If you actually paid attention, you would see that Kawasaki is putting more money into WSBK for this coming season then they ever have. They have also contracted a better rider than they have in the last 15 to 20 years (Scott Russel being the last elite level rider for Kawasaki). Kawasaki's press release is a lesson in political correctness...yes the economy is down for the industry as a whole, but DMG has more to do with Kawasaki, Honda, and to a lesser degree Suzuki pulling or limiting support than anything else.

I've dealt with Kawasaki Heavy Industries. I know a little bit about how budgets and such work. Believe me, they dont take $$ out of the ship building budget to go race motorcycles.

They're putting more money into WSBK because, roadracing wise, that's their ONLY game. No factory teams for Kawasaki in AMA, BSB, or MotoGP means they can put a more into WSBK than they have in the past. I'd certainly bet that they're not putting the same $$ into WSBK that they put into the other three combined.

If you REALLY think that they pulled out because of DMG, you're delusional. Say what you want about them (and I'm not a big fan), but they produced some of the closest racing the AMA has seen in quite some time. I suppose they don't have factory teams in BSB or MotoGP because of DMG too? I suppose Honda pulled out of AMA and F1 because of DMG as well?

I've dealt with Kawasaki Heavy Industries. I know a little bit about how budgets and such work. Believe me, they dont take $$ out of the ship building budget to go race motorcycles.

They're putting more money into WSBK because, roadracing wise, that's their ONLY game. No factory teams for Kawasaki in AMA, BSB, or MotoGP means they can put a more into WSBK than they have in the past. I'd certainly bet that they're not putting the same $$ into WSBK that they put into the other three combined.

If you REALLY think that they pulled out because of DMG, you're delusional. Say what you want about them (and I'm not a big fan), but they produced some of the closest racing the AMA has seen in quite some time. I suppose they don't have factory teams in BSB or MotoGP because of DMG too? I suppose Honda pulled out of AMA and F1 because of DMG as well?

I am not going to answer your last couple of sentences...it is apparent that you have a sore spot with DMG decent. Had you read (or should we say comprehended) what I said, you would clearly see that I gave some weight to the economy.

You should also know that Honda made statements (publicly) about DMG rules being the deciding factor. There is no secret, DMG and the manufacturers do not see eye to eye. Its very reminiscent of the NASCAR push to remove the manufactures in the 90's. Maybe we need a MOT (Motorcycle Of Tomorrow)...it will be a re-badged BUELL, but they will let you put whatever brand sticker you want on it.

The only thing delusional here is thinking DMG moved the sport forward, or made it safer :eek: Rolling Starts? Artificially bunching the field with extended cautions? A pace car during cautions....are you kidding me?

Done :rolleyes:

I am not going to answer your last couple of sentences...it is apparent that you have a sore spot with DMG decent. Had you read (or should we say comprehended) what I said, you would clearly see that I gave some weight to the economy.

You wont answer the last couple of questions because the correct answers dont fit with your postulation that Kawasaki is leaving AMA racing because of DMG. Bullshit.

By the way, the word you're looking for is dissent not decent.

You should also know that Honda made statements (publicly) about DMG rules being the deciding factor. There is no secret, DMG and the manufacturers do not see eye to eye. Its very reminiscent of the NASCAR push to remove the manufactures in the 90's. Maybe we need a MOT (Motorcycle Of Tomorrow)...it will be a re-badged BUELL, but they will let you put whatever brand sticker you want on it.

I know Honda made statements early on that they were not happy with the rules package for Superbike that DMG came up with, but YOU should know that again, the economy was the reason they pulled the factory team from AMA Superbike. Here's a copy of their press release from a year ago:

http://www.autoblog.com/2008/12/14/honda-pulls-out-of-ama-roadracing/

Manufacturers and the sanctioning body seldom "see eye to eye" in any form of racing primarily due to the fact that they all want the rules to favor their particular machine and they usually believe that the rules favor another builder. The debacle over the superbike rules was as much the manufacturers fault as it was DMG's. Really, neither side was without blame.

If you believe that everyone will be riding a re-baged Buell, I suppose that's your choice. However, I personally don't believe that will happen. Also, I see no correlation between NASCAR getting the factories out of team ownership and what's going on in the AMA.

The only thing delusional here is thinking DMG moved the sport forward, or made it safer :eek: Rolling Starts? Artificially bunching the field with extended cautions? A pace car during cautions....are you kidding me?

I never said that DMG has made racing safer, and I've not agreed with many of the things that DMG did with the AMA Racing Product this year, but overall the racing was closer and closer = better. Dont believe me though, check the facts. They're out there.

You can say what you want about the guys that run NASCAR, but they've been EXTREMELY successful in marketing a product that people want to see. They make a TON of money at it, and pack the house every weekend - something the AMA was never able to do with roadracing.

Done :rolleyes:

You were done before you started. Unless you've got some inside information (direct from Kawasaki) anything you've said to this point is nothing more than opinion, and you have no facts to back up your statements.

• 1 month later...