It didnt go 200k...but almost!

oldschoolsdime92

Some of you may know a buddy of mine on a bunch of forums that goes by the user name thirdgenlxi. Anyways hes got a cbr 600 f4i, that had almost 200k on the clock. His bike passed away this morning. He came out okay. Heres his thread

http://cbrforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=104135&page=2

Edited by oldschoolsdime92

I'm trying to get my CAR to go that far! I have one that had over 215,000 on it, before I swapped the egine out for a bigger one (still was running, all original miles) and now the other one, I have to do some work to, at almost 180,000. I'll start a thread about it when I get chilled out about it....

oh yes the good ole 2.7 Is that one of the the ones that has the shitty tie rods up above the wheel? I hate having to align those and 300m and some of the earlier hondas, in fact I have a 6 inch cut down my forearm from aligning one of those systems saturday.

Yeah, that's the one! When I aligned mine, I replaced the sleeves with the upgraded Moog parts that have a hex on them for adjusting! Makes the job so much easier, although getting the sleeves off can be another hassle!

I'm still not sure what's up with the motor.....

My parents have a '94 Explorer with a 5 speed and the 4.0L V6...just under 300k on the clock. Original engine, too. Still runs fairly well, but I sure as hell wouldn't want to try to take it out of town on any sort of a longish trip. Funny thing though...the speedo has never been right on it. My dad got one of the optional rim packages (back in '94, the fact that is has rims as opposed to the basic steel wheel+hubcap thing was probably the option) and the dealership never recalibrated the speedo for the new wheel diameter. I was pulled over in it once and when the officer asked "Son, do you know how fast you were going?" I answered honestly, "I have absolutely no idea".

Part of me wants to buy it from them when they finally decide to get rid of it. It'd be a fun project to restore it back to its former semi-glory, simply because I've got a lot of memories in that thing.

Edited by Harb67

coming with "rims" you mean it just came with the outer portion of the wheel!? Thats alot of miles to drive missing the rest of your wheel!:lol:

:plus1:

Seriously man. Even nice shiny chrome wheels are, well..... wheels, not just rims. Sounds like a kid sort of thing to say.....

:plus1:

Seriously man. Even nice shiny chrome wheels are, well..... wheels, not just rims. Sounds like a kid sort of thing to say.....

picture.php?albumid=270&pictureid=2584&thumb=1 For -years- I went out of my way to say "wheels" instead of "rims" because I think "rims" sounds like I'm trying to be BALLLAAAA or some shit like that. The one time I say rims...it bites me in the ass :p

I was trying to indicate that they're alloy wheels as opposed to the standard steel wheel with hubcap that comes on the base model of lower-end cars (like this: http://z.about.com/d/cars/1/0/T/M/ag_06optimalx_g_wheel.jpg)

Anyway...