• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like them ...

Here is one for my taste.....

DSC_0664.jpg

DSC_0670.jpg

That was my dudes Z. Greencheezeeta. he died on it a couple months ago.

Mad Madame and Catman were close friends.

greencheez.jpg

Edited by jagr

havent done anything really. im good with it.

A guy wants to trade an 03 for my KTM. I've always been fan of the standards (I'm an old guy), but I don't know a lot about the Kawi's. I had an FZ-1 that was a great bike, so I'm guessing I'd like this one.

Any idea what the "typical" mods are for this bike?

A guy wants to trade an 03 for my KTM. I've always been fan of the standards (I'm an old guy), but I don't know a lot about the Kawi's. I had an FZ-1 that was a great bike, so I'm guessing I'd like this one.

Any idea what the "typical" mods are for this bike?

its a big comfy bike. typical mods? Hmm. Suspension seems ok for what i do with it, but the track kids do some things. i plan on changing some comfort items. looking at Renthal ultra lows and prolly some pazzos. Most do an integrated tail light (Clear alternatives). i know a few changed some clutch springs. There is alot of Z traffic on riderforums.com , take a look there and see what the ModMonkeys are doing.

mods for it are zx6 forks. Todd he didnt get a test ride first.

I was curious about that. The guy that has this bike has made that swap, and honestly it didn't make much sense to me.

Standards are a different breed. If your buddy is used to riding sportbikes on the street, I'm not surprised that he wouldn't like it. It took me while to get used to the FZ-1 when I first got it. It was still the best all-around bike I've ever owned.

its a big comfy bike. typical mods? Hmm. Suspension seems ok for what i do with it, but the track kids do some things. i plan on changing some comfort items. looking at Renthal ultra lows and prolly some pazzos. Most do an integrated tail light (Clear alternatives). i know a few changed some clutch springs. There is alot of Z traffic on riderforums.com , take a look there and see what the ModMonkeys are doing.

What are the adjustments on the front forks like? Compression, rebound and preload? What about the rear shock?

I'll check our riderforums and see whats on there.

So...what adjustments do you have on your front end?

its a lil too stiff right now. but i didnt get it retitled until july and havent adjusted any of it from to PO. its on the list though.

PM Or member Kawazy.

http://www.ohio-riders.com/member.php?u=3215

He has ALOT more seat time on the Z than me.

I've got an 07. I got it a few months after selling my 05 ZX-6R. I missed riding, and I wanted to get another Kawasaki. At the time, I didn't like the 07 6R or 10R and saw a pic of the Z1000 with the Two Bros exhaust and that kinda sold me (although, I ended up getting a fully Akra system!). I bought the bike without ever seeing it in person (well, I think someone passed me on one just before I bought it).

There are times when I think it'd be cool to have the 09 6R (or 05 10R...but I digress). However, every time I ride my 07, I remember how much I like it. It's different and usually gets a lot of looks. I commute with it and rode to Florida last year (hope to do that again next year). And I can hold my own with it on the weekends when pushing it.

Mods? There's the exhaust, airbox mod, bars, mirrors, and whatever else you want. Compared to the first gen, the second gen has better suspension and brakes, but the ZX-6R components on a first gen would be better than what I've got on my 07.

You might hold off and try the 2010 Z1000, which looks solid.

Questions?